Samus Aran vs. Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you're going into a comic-book-fan like argument. The metriod canon isn't stable. If samus could really lift 85 tons, she'd instantly win in the video game. It all depends on what samus we're talking about and what master chief we're talking about.

If you really want to get into details, Master Chief can flip an M321 Elephant HRV over easily with one hand. That has to be some serious weight. And before you say "that's just a glitch", it doesn't matter. Samus's stats here don't match up with her character's canon either.

And with the volt driver, you're really going to trust the translation team there? Yes, "multi-terawatt bursts of HIGHVOLTAGE" sounds like they totally researched that one in the canon of the games.

Eighty tons is pretty ridiculous. That's saying that Samus Aran, without a powersuit, could go toe to toe with The Thing from Marvel Comics. Someone on the Metroid Prime website didn't check their numbers for consistency.

This is literally one of the stupidest arguments I have read on here.

kylechu said:
Eighty tons is pretty ridiculous. That's saying that Samus Aran, without a powersuit, could go toe to toe with The Thing from Marvel Comics.
She can.

Wow. Young D posted WAY more in depth than I expected anyone to. Also, she's THAT strong? Holy crap!!! I've got to show this to my friend Joey... He insists that Master Chief would beat Samus Aran in a fight, and cannot give ANY reasoning for his side. Samus wins :mrgreen:

kylechu said:
Now you're going into a comic-book-fan like argument. The metriod canon isn't stable. If samus could really lift 85 tons, she'd instantly win in the video game. It all depends on what samus we're talking about and what master chief we're talking about.

If you really want to get into details, Master Chief can flip an M321 Elephant HRV over easily with one hand. That has to be some serious weight. And before you say "that's just a glitch", it doesn't matter. Samus's stats here don't match up with her character's canon either.

And with the volt driver, you're really going to trust the translation team there? Yes, "multi-terawatt bursts of HIGHVOLTAGE" sounds like they totally researched that one in the canon of the games.

Eighty tons is pretty ridiculous. That's saying that Samus Aran, without a powersuit, could go toe to toe with The Thing from Marvel Comics. Someone on the Metroid Prime website didn't check their numbers for consistency.

Translation team? Yes, I'm going to trust what's stated in game, by an american company working on an american game. Your argument is basically saying "I don't want it to be true, so it's not." You can't say it's not true. Sure, they probably went overboard with this crap, but you can't say it isn't true. Need more proof?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNxeCHpp08E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhlCtInxUCw

In these videos she throws Jolly African Americans. With ease. You can NOT argue about whether or not she can do these things. About your elephant flipping post:

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Elephant_Flipping

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Elephant

To quote the page: "If by some chance you do manage to flip over an Elephant , the usual "Hold RB to flip [vehicle name}]" script dialog is replaced with "Hold RB to flip...wait, what? How did you do that?", referencing the fact that it is the biggest vehicle in the game and that it is seemingly impossible for it to be flipped, even by SPARTAN-IIs, or Elites, but when you press RB the Elephant is flipped over to it's normal state. For more information, see Elephant Flipping."
It's stated to be impossible, and an easter egg. Your point is moot. I have provided facts, equations, and gameplay to support my argument.
Here's more stuff to support my argument:

Samus was able to tank getting rammed by Ridley in Prime 3 without any real problem. Ridley flies at hypersonic speeds and weighs a at least several tons.
Ridley...
-Is capable of atmospheric reentry (Metroid Prime) in his Meta form.
-Is capable of hypersonic speeds in his Meta form due to outspeeding Samus' ship, which can achieve atmospheric exit.
-Effortlessly can survive in chambers filled with magma with zero effect; Heck, he sometimes dips a bit in lava.
-Can harm Samus with fireballs when she has the gravity suit; the gravity suit completely protects Samus from the heat of lava while swimming in it.

Samus has KILLED Ridley several times (In Super Metroid, she defeated him and the planet exploded; in Metroid Prime 3, a stronger phazon-infused Ridley disintegrated after his fight with her; in Metroid Fusion, an X clone of him was killed and then absorbed by Samus before she crashed the space station with the remains of his corpse onto a planet). And no, Master Chief doesn’t have a chance in Heck of killing Ridley without some very powerful gear.

If I want, I could use Metroid Prime Hunters, where one of her weapons is powered by a nuclear reactor and another fires shots that cool the target to absolute zero.

To justify the post from earlier, here's where OrginalA got his intel:
I found the numbers on Wikitroid, who in turn found the Mass and Diameter of Zebes in the Zebes Scan in the Observatory in Phendrana in Metroid Prime. Radius can be determined with simple math (d/2=r).

EDIT:
I converted the Zebes Mass number from Short Tons (2000 lbs) to Kilograms for its part in the equation as Mass is suppose to be measured in grams and not pounds. It is still the same amount though. I used Short Tons because that is the type of ton used in America and Retro Studios, who made Metroid Prime, were based in Texes, so that is the type they were most likely to have used.

Here are some other abilities:

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Speed_Booster

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Shinespark

If you can't tell, with the Shinespark she actually FLIES

What's your argument now? That she shouldn't be allowed to do this? Hmm?

Pretty sure this is or will become hentai one day. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I will not be held responsible for what you see if you search the term.

I agree with young d, I have even done a school speech on how awesome samus is. I'm just too lazy to say anything. I mean ,samus can goe toe to toe with *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing CROCOMIRE.

This argument is dumb. So on the one hand, we have a character that, as far as we know, has impossible stats/skills, and on the other hand we have a character that could very well be possible in the next few hundred years. I wonder who will win. :wtf:

The one who is Samus.(owait, that's Samus) :lol:
Maybe this should be locked before it gets out of hand.

vskid3 said:
This argument is dumb. So on the one hand, we have a character that, as far as we know, has impossible stats/skills, and on the other hand we have a character that could very well be possible in the next few hundred years. I wonder who will win. :wtf:
Well, Samus could be possible in the next thousand years or so.
Just sayin'. :p

Also, a lot of people don't know how strong Samus is, or simply choose to ignore it. I myself have been included in tnis group, until I looked deeper into the Metroid lore. The things that finally convinced me that this is a curbstomp?
Multi-terawatts, NUKES and Absolute zero ice weapons.
Then it got worse for Halo from there.
You know what everyone else assumes is a good fight? Space Pirates vs. Covenant. That'd be a curbstomp as well.
The one match that wouldn't be a curbstomp is Chozo(at their prime) vs. Forerunners (at their prime) I lean toward Chozo because they created Samus' Powersuit, and the Metroids. But the Forerunners created Halo, and has better versions of every Covenant weapon so...

idk :p

Samus Aran is a woman.

Master Chief is a man.

This argument is over.

EDIT:
Btw to Young D:
I'd go for Chozo there, because the Forerunners were actually just humans. Therefore, an advanced alien race could most likely destroy us humans, even if we were at our prime.

Ampersand said:
Samus Aran is a woman.

Master Chief is a man.

This argument is over.

EDIT:
Btw to Young D:
I'd go for Chozo there, because the Forerunners were actually just humans. Therefore, an advanced alien race could most likely destroy us humans, even if we were at our prime.

Yes... to a degree. I'd assume they looked slightly different, but just saying because they are human they lose isn't going to cut it. They had tech that *could* rival the Chozo.
I'd really love to see THAT fight.

Ampersand said:
Samus Aran is a woman.

Master Chief is a man.

This argument is over.

If a man runs over a woman, who's fault is the accident?

The man's, he shouldn't have been driving through a kitchen. :rofl:

Sure, samus would probably win because the developers of those games will make her as powerful as they want because they're weird Japanese people. Master Chief has to live within a world that could feasibly maybe possible exist maybe.

... The Halo games are still better then the Metriod Prime games.

edit: although, it isn't a glitch when master chief flips the scorpion tank easily with one hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back