Samus Aran vs. Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNineRings

Official Hypello of ModRetro
Alright, here's the deal. I'm curious if other people think the same as I do on this. Samus Aran vs. Master Chief. Back up your belief with various factors, such as weapons, genetic modification, armor, etc. Nothing like "Master Chief would PWN Samus because he rox!!!" Or any other such crap. I for one think that Samus Aran would win. She would win due to various reasons(duh).
Reason #1. Samus Aran has been genetically modified at least two time. The first time when she was three when the Chozo race infused her with their blood, and the second time when she was given Metroid DNA. Therefore she can no longer be considered human. She has superior strength speed agility and endurance, far higher than humans. She also has limited special abilities due to this, let alone her suit bonuses.
Reasons #2. Samus' Varia suit gives her an advantages for several reasons. One, it is modular, and can constantly be improved and added on to, via either physical improvements or data transfers. Two, it provides a very large amount of defense for Samus, giving her a very large amount of damage resistance.
Reason #3. She has various weapon systems, most of which are energy based, which would shear straight through Master Chief's shields. Most of them also have an unlimited ammo supply, and can be charged. She also has the Screw attack, which is a very scary, deadly move.
Reason #4. If Master Chief got into a vehicle, she could drop a power bomb on it or barrage it with missiles and charged beams.
Reason #5. Samus Aran is far more agile than Master Chief, due to both her training by the Chozo race to be a warrior, and her power suit. She can space jump, wall jump, and the morph ball systems increase her mobility a large amount. She is also quite agile.
Reason #5. She was trained from the age of three to fourteen by the Chozo race to be an elite warrior, after which she left and went into the military. She shortly after left to be a bounty hunter.
Reason #6. Samus Aran is highly intelligent, similar to Master Chief. However, due to years of military training, he is very linear in his thinking, and it is difficult for him to think critically.

Something like that. Post it in a logical manner, and post various scenarios in which they would fight, as not every situation is the same, right? Enjoy, and debate. Also, please no trolling or flaming, I just want to hear peoples thoughts and opinions here.

EDIT: What's sad here is that I wrote a version out by hand that goes into much more detail, including both the pros and cons of each character TWICE. So, if I dont think of anything else, I am claiming this as my geekiest moment ever.

Master cheif's weapons fire bullets. BULLETS. SAMUS IS LAVAPROOF. No question, Samus would win.

METROID GAMES AND SAMUS FTW, HALO FANBOYS GTFO.
exploring and shooting is more fun than shooting. And super metroid is the best game ever.(Although a link to the past, uncharted, and mgs are all amazing as well)
awesomesomething.png
awesomesomething.png
awesomesomething.png
awesomesomething.png
awesomesomething.png
awesomesomething.png
awesomesomething.png
awesomesomething.png
awesomesomething.png
awesomesomething.png
awesomesomething.png
awesomesomething.png

its possible master chief is lavaproof too. he did jump out of a spaceship, which would make massive heat going through the atmosphere, and then smashed into the ground, quite impressively. however, as i have never played any metroid game, i cant really postulate an opinion.

as for who would win, in reality, probably Tali'zorah. (my desktop has me thinking here)

TheNineRings said:
Reason #1. Samus Aran has been genetically modified at least two time. The first time when she was three when the Chozo race infused her with their blood, and the second time when she was given Metroid DNA. Therefore she can no longer be considered human. She has superior strength speed agility and endurance, far higher than humans. She also has limited special abilities due to this, let alone her suit bonuses.
Master Chief is selected from the very best, then had titanium infused to his bones among other things.
Reasons #2. Samus' Varia suit gives her an advantages for several reasons. One, it is modular, and can constantly be improved and added on to, via either physical improvements or data transfers. Two, it provides a very large amount of defense for Samus, giving her a very large amount of damage resistance.
Master Chief has had upgrades to his armor as well. He also has energy-based shielding, which is argubly more effective.
Reason #3. She has various weapon systems, most of which are energy based, which would shear straight through Master Chief's shields. Most of them also have an unlimited ammo supply, and can be charged. She also has the Screw attack, which is a very scary, deadly move.
Covenant weapons are also largely energy based, and the shield works fine. Unlimited ammo supply is nice, but not overly important in a 1v1 unless under extraordinary circumstances.
Reason #4. If Master Chief got into a vehicle, she could drop a power bomb on it or barrage it with missiles and charged beams.
Really? Don't forget that most of those vehicles have weapons and quite good manuverability.
Reason #5. Samus Aran is far more agile than Master Chief, due to both her training by the Chozo race to be a warrior, and her power suit. She can space jump, wall jump, and the morph ball systems increase her mobility a large amount. She is also quite agile.
Master Chief is focused on durability rather than agility. Both methods work in different situations.
Reason #5. She was trained from the age of three to fourteen by the Chozo race to be an elite warrior, after which she left and went into the military. She shortly after left to be a bounty hunter.
Since he was a child, Master Chief was excessively conditioned and trained. He is battle-hardened as well. This is a moot point.
Reason #6. Samus Aran is highly intelligent, similar to Master Chief. However, due to years of military training, he is very linear in his thinking, and it is difficult for him to think critically.
Not necessarily. Also, Cortana.

I say the argument is stupid and pointless. Also, LOL!

EDIT:
samjc3 said:
as for who would win, in reality, probably Tali'zorah. (my desktop has me thinking here)

And this has exactly what to do with this discussion?

Master Chief has to be balanced for multiplayer, Samus does not.

If you're talking about the Master Chief from the novel, he'd kick Samus's ass, because that Master Chief doesn't have to be balanced for multiplayer. I mean, in the novel (I'm such a nerd) he dented steel with a punch BEFORE he got the spartan armor.

Although, the main factor is that Master Chief lives in M rated games. Samus lives in T rated games. A T rated game game can only be so gritty, so the protagonist in a T rated game cannot lose in the end. Master Chief doesn't have that advantage. Thus, sadly, Samus wins.

Although, on the flip side, Master Chief represents America, driving large vehicles and blowing flax up. America wins (*Can'tSayThisOnTV* yeah). Master Chief wins.

So if it took place in America, Master Chief would win. If it took place in any other country, Samus would win.

Samus doesn't need titanium, she has chozo blood in her powersuit and sexiness everywhere else.

XCVG's post is precisely what I was talking about. Situation where trolling gets someone ELSE what they want? Yep.
Counterpoint! He was not chosen from the very best, he was kidnapped by his own government!
To his response to #3: Really? That must mean I am either a crackshot or a horrible shot, as I run out all the time on multiplayer. In campaign, yeah, I see your point.
To his response to #4:She is also focused on that. I mean, elite warrior trained by Chozo and given armor that often interfaces directly with her nervous system. The whole reason she is so agile is due to her genetic improvements and training.

Also (just thought of this) seeing that as of the lastest game in the timeline(fusion) she has Metroid DNA. This could mean that she has the ability to absorb life energy similar to Metroids. Discuss.

This battle is a curbstomp. Instead of going through this myself, I've posted an argument from my good friend OriginalA. All credit goes to him:

We can get a decent guess out what the Plasma Pistol would do to Samus by calculating its wattage.

Plasma Pistol’s power output during overcharge: 1.5 MV @ 2~3 dA

Here we have 1,500,000 Volts (1.5 MV) and 0.2 to 0.3 Amps (2~3 dA). To calculate for Watts simply multiply V * A.
So we get 1500000 * 0.2 = 300000 Watts and 1500000 * 0.3 = 450000 Watts for an average wattage of (300000 + 450000 / 2)375000 Watts.

Why is this important? Because we can directly compare this to one of Samus’s own weapons from Metroid Prime: Hunters, and that weapon is the Volt Driver. The Volt Driver is stated to have a multi terawatt yeild, which puts its absolute lowest value at:
2,000,000,000,000 watts.

The Volt Driver does at a max 56 damage against the Varia Suit, so we multiply by 2 (to factor out the Varia Suit’s defense bonus) and the Volt Driver does 112 points of raw damage against Samus. And this is from a weapon that is 5,333,333 times more powerful than the Plasma Pistol’s overcharge shot.

Even removing both suits doesn’t help change the outcome.

Samus grew up on Zebes.

According to this site:
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjec ... Mass.shtml

The pull of Gravity can be determined by the formula if you know a planet’s Mass and Radius and the Gravitational Constant: GM/r^2=a

G is the gravitational constant, M is the mass of the Zebes, r is the radius of the Zebes, and a is the acceleration due to the force of gravity.

So we substitute the Mass and Radius of Earth with the Mass and Radius of Zebes and we get:
((4.35448675 × ((10^27) kilograms)) * (6.67300 × ((10^(-11)) (m^3) (kg^(-1)) (s^(-2))))) / ((5850 km)^2) = 8490.75611 m / s^2

Which means:8490.75611m/s^2 (1 g on Zebes) /9.81m/s^2 (1 g on Earth) = 865.5

That anyone who lives on Zebes is use to an 865.5 g environment and when introduced into a 1 g environment would be increadibly strong.

We know that Samus weighs 198 lbs. This is assumed in a 1 g environment. If this was her weight on Zebes then on Earth she would weight 0.2 lbs... I think it is safe to say that 198 lbs is her 1 g weight.

On Zebes this meger 198 lbs would turn into 85.6 tons, and Zero Mission showed us that Samus is capable of lifting her own weight without assistance on Zebes, so in a 1 g environment she should be more than capable of lifting 85 tons.

Now this also means that because of that insanely high gravity every jump Samus preformed would have a massive amount of energy behind it, which is yet another thing she just got use to during her childhood there. But when it comes down to Hand to Hand Combat this would mean that the impacts from each punch that John-117 lands on her would be negligable because it just wouldn’t have the multi-ton impact strength that she casually shruggs off from growing up on Zebes. On the other hand she is going to be dishing out tens of tons of force per punch because her arm strength is just so rediculously acclimated to the 865 g environment of Zebes.

The only way John could kill Samus through hand to hand is by breaking crittical bones. But Samus is more agile than him. She should be more than capable of jumping to a height that would keep her airborn for a few minutes because of the strength of her legs in an 1 g zone.

Math: In order to gain height in a jump you must surpass the force of Gravity, but since Gravity is constantly applying presure it pulls you back down, but you don’t stop gaining altitude until the pull of Gravity has matched your initial jump force. Since Samus can jump on Zebes without her suit she must be able to match its G pull so:
8490.75611 m/s (Samus’s jump force) / 9.81 m/s^2 (1 g) = 14.4 minutes.

In a single jump Samus could launch herself so far into the air she would hit the ground again for nearly a quarter of an hour later (assumes a straight vertical jump).

Also Samus is a great technical fighter:
http://www.onemanga.com/Metroid/13/14/
http://www.onemanga.com/Metroid/13/15/
Here she disarms several Galactic Federation Police Officers, unarmed, and without taking a single hit. Now if she threw her massive strength in behind those blows she would be removing limbs with each blow.

Even in a gun match without suits doesn’t help John much as Samus still carries her shields on her person as seen in Zero Mission; they just can’t stop as much power as they can with the Suit, but it is still more than enough to stop any hand weapon from Haloverse.

Master Chief does not have ANY advantages in this match.
Samus wins via being completely overpowered compared to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back