S-video on GC?

naimlessone

Tried to use the search function to see if this had already been asked but came up with nothing.

I googled a little bit to see what I could find before opening a new thread here but basically what I was wondering about was the use of S-video on a Rev-A or -B board in place of component.

From the couple YT videos that I watched s-video was a 480i output and is a big jump in quality from composite for the money the s-video cable costs compared to the component option. I would just need a screen/monitor that would accept the s-video signal (which if anyone could link me to a good place to find them, would be much appreciated).

I would really like to have a good output picture quality on my new build and if using a screen that was compatible with s-video would be similar to the component quality and wanted some input from anyone who has some experience with the s-vid method.

Edit: Also any info on connecting to the gamecube, unless it was in ashens trimming guide idr, would be great!

THANKS!!!

naimlessone said:
Tried to use the search function to see if this had already been asked but came up with nothing.

I googled a little bit to see what I could find before opening a new thread here but basically what I was wondering about was the use of S-video on a Rev-A or -B board in place of component.

From the couple YT videos that I watched s-video was a 480i output and is a big jump in quality from composite for the money the s-video cable costs compared to the component option. I would just need a screen/monitor that would accept the s-video signal (which if anyone could link me to a good place to find them, would be much appreciated).

I would really like to have a good output picture quality on my new build and if using a screen that was compatible with s-video would be similar to the component quality and wanted some input from anyone who has some experience with the s-vid method.

Edit: Also any info on connecting to the gamecube, unless it was in ashens trimming guide idr, would be great!

THANKS!!!

You can get even better quality and 480p support by using GCVideo. It's an FPGA board that clones the official cable. It can be built for under $60. There is also a DVI version which converts the digital AV signals coming from the GC into usable DVI-D signals, which can be fed to the display using an HDMI cable and input. The HDMI board costs $60 and the programmer needed for it is $6 but uses the old 9 pin serial ports. The HDMI version looks better than the official component and D-Terminal cables.

Back