OMGWTFBBQ ImageShack hacked?

Twilight Wolf

Frequent Poster
It appears Imageshack has been hacked... my avatar on every forum I visit is gone, and one of my signature images is, as well. Both have been replaced by this:

signaturelt2.png

What does it all mean? It's very bizarre, and it sucks especially hard because all my photos are hosted by them - every one I've posted in the past... what, two years now?

I don't care - I find it highly rude and inconsiderate that they've seen fit to ruin every image I've ever posted for it. Good cause or not, it'll probably end up pissing off more people than helping anything because it's a big inconvenience to have to re-upload so many photos elsewhere.

The avatar of Wolf Link I use everywhere and the signature image I use on another forum are all replaced by some BS about "full-disclosure."

Yeah, I just registered for a PhotoBucket account. Gotta put my images somewhere, after all...

EDIT: It appears everything's back to normal. Gonna switch my forum profile stuff to PhotoBucket now, though.

God Dang it, people. It wasn't a "hack". It was an EXPLOIT.

People need to stop throwing the word "hacked" around.

ahem (definitions taken shamelessly from wikipedia)

hack:

Unauthorized attempts to bypass the security mechanisms of an information system or network

exploit:

An exploit (from the same word in the French language, meaning "achievement", or "accomplishment") is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or sequence of commands that take advantage of a bug, glitch or vulnerability in order to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized). This frequently includes such things as violently gaining control of a computer system or allowing privilege escalation or a denial of service attack.

pretty much the same thing, it was a successful unauthorized attempt that bypassed security of a network/information system, however this was achieved by exploiting a vulnerability in ssh0 or something.

Harshboy said:
Whatever, I hate Imageshack because it sucks.

TinyPic and Photobucket ftw :lol:
I use imageshack, it's not terrible. Are tinypic and photobucket both free too? I hate signing up for websites, but I'd sign up if they were free.

Basement_Modder said:
But then how do you keep track of all your pictures?

It has a member option that keeps track of your images, but for those people that just want to upload an image real fast, there is no need for membership.

I use a little-known site called Filehive. Sometimes it's a bit slow but usually it's great.

Back