NOAC

The easiest case is a project case, such as a Polycase/ OEM/ *blah*radioshack*blah* one. The next easiest is to use engraving plastic, with aluminum walls.

Newer NOAC based clones have far superior NOACs that are almost perfect replicas of the original hardware, with the Yobo FC being a great example (no sound bugs!)

I would recommend against the SUPER POWER MEGA HAPPY FUN JOY GAME STICK 3 - type ones, as the NOAcs in them are dated and not too accurate.

Here's a song on a real NES or Yobo FC:
http://theantibib.sitesled.com/NESyobo.mp3
Here's how it sounds on a Super Joy III and other assorted older ones:
http://theantibib.sitesled.com/superjoy3.mp3

Bibin said:
Newer NOAC based clones have far superior NOACs that are almost perfect replicas of the original hardware, with the Yobo FC being a great example (no sound bugs!)
This.

While the Power Player Thingama Super Stick Joy thing was, well, TINY, it's compatibility doesn't match newer ones.

Factor 5 has about the best currently available from what I've heard.
I believe it's Yobo's newest.

jleemero said:
Bibin said:
This.

While the Power Player Thingama Super Stick Joy thing was, well, TINY, it's compatibility doesn't match newer ones.

Factor 5 has about the best currently available from what I've heard.
I believe it's Yobo's newest.
My SJ3 is redone too and even smaller than my other one :mrgreen: And it runs off of 9v :wtf2:

Hey, Are they ever going to maybe make N64 Replicas? cause i really like the N64. lol
Or are the patients or schematics not expired?

Just wondering! :wink3:

The NES Patents weren't even close to expired when NES Clones started coming out.

The N64 has yet to be cloned.
Chances are, it will be, eventually.
We have no way of knowing though.

Actually, I believe the Retro Entertainment System is the best NOAC, followed by the Yobo FC. The RES is really cheap too.

Regarding the N64 clone, Marshallh said it was possible to reproduce on an FPGA and some other guy started actually doing it, but never got anywhere close to finished. I believe it is technically possible, but time-consuming, difficult, and potentially expensive. I have no idea about the legal status.

XCVG said:
Actually, I believe the Retro Entertainment System is the best NOAC, followed by the Yobo FC. The RES is really cheap too.

Regarding the N64 clone, Marshallh said it was possible to reproduce on an FPGA and some other guy started actually doing it, but never got anywhere close to finished. I believe it is technically possible, but time-consuming, difficult, and potentially expensive. I have no idea about the legal status.

The patents are still intact on the N64 because the were still produced until 2001. Also, potentially expensive? Try very expensive. Attempting to clone an N64 is the electronics equivalent of cloning a dog. (aka do-able, but very difficult.)

Basement_Modder said:
Attempting to clone an N64 is the electronics equivalent of cloning a dog. (aka do-able, but very difficult.)
You mean koreans are the only ones who care enough to do it? And, you could make your own, huge mind you, clone at home. If you cared enough.

The whole point of making clones is to make them smaller :rolls:
Nobody would bother cloning a system if it was larger then the original.

Basement_Modder said:
jleemero said:
Basement_Modder said:

:facepalm:

What have I said that is worth facepalming?

Read it again. Do you think some 2-bit Chinese company cares about size? No. They care about PROFIT.

Basement_Modder said:
is that what minime is? :lol2:

Basement_Modder said:
XCVG said:

The patents are still intact on the N64 because the were still produced until 2001. Also, potentially expensive? Try very expensive. Attempting to clone an N64 is the electronics equivalent of cloning a dog. (aka do-able, but very difficult.)

Actually, the n64 was still being produced until about 2007. The LodgeNet hotel n64 system runs off of a stock n64 board (though a bit smaller on the edges, possibly a newer revision) with a soldered controller, and what appears to be a cheap 486DX computer plugged into the top, networked, where it downloads a ROM from a local server, and passes it through the cartridge port, just like the Famicom Disk System. It has an expansion pack too.

Take a look!

LodgenetN64System01.jpg

In other words, it'll take about 6 years longer than you thought it would.

Back