new Wiikey Fusion 25$ and other GC stuff

Some of the pictures are broken... (first ones).

And I have a question: when you say that you can do it ready to use, what does it means exactly ?

I don't know very much in wiikey/wode/etc... But if I want to run games from an sd card, I just need a wiikey fusion right ?

So it would cost 25$ + 12$ INTL shipping (+ 10$ ready to tuse, depend on what you do exactly). Is that it or do i need anything else ? (execept an sd card, of course...).

Monstercrunch said:
Some of the pictures are broken... (first ones).

And I have a question: when you say that you can do it ready to use, what does it means exactly ?

I don't know very much in wiikey/wode/etc... But if I want to run games from an sd card, I just need a wiikey fusion right ?

So it would cost 25$ + 12$ INTL shipping (+ 10$ ready to tuse, depend on what you do exactly). Is that it or do i need anything else ? (execept an sd card, of course...).

yes SD card = WKF
the +10$ is to solder wires to the WKF if you do not plan to use a MEGAdrive

everything depends how you plan to use the WKF (or wode)
the WKF/WODE was designed for wii...this is why it has an FFC connector...
if you plan to use the WKF on a wii, then your ready to go with nothing else to do....
if you plan to use the WKF on a gamecube, then you have to do modifications because gamecube does not have a FFC connector...

so your options to use a WKF/WODE on a GC are:
Code:
1. generic FFC adapter board ( cannot use DVD drive anymore unless you hardwire it to WKF DVD OUT )

2. solder wires from the WKF to the gamecube ( cannot use DVD drive anymore unless you hardwire it to WKF DVD OUT )

3. cut and solder a FFC cable and wire it to the GC ( cannot use DVD drive anymore unless you hardwire it to WKF DVD OUT )

4. cut and remove the DVD drive board connector, then cut and solder a FFC cable to the connector then plug it into the DVD port ( kill the dvd drive board )

5. remove the motherboard dvd port and install a MEGAdrive to use the WKF and GC DVD at the same time
here is an old post to show pictures of the options i explained...
also the MEGAdrive shown in the pics were from discussions on the original concept
http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14543#p14543

if you plan to make a portable GC, you wont need the drive anymore, just remove the dvd port like everyone else does and wire up the WKF...
if you plan to use a home console, then you have the option to use the WKF and possibly still use the DVD drive

I think I might be interested in 5 of them. I'll get back to you asap. Still have to check some things first.

@ gman - x4 WKF shipped
@ Spiicyice - 2x MEGAdrive, MEGA3, WKF shipped
@ orangeziggy84 - WKF wired shipped
@ SNEAKxxATTACK - key, x2 WKF, MEGA3 shipped

Back