New portable handheld!

fair enough, but I was counting from the day preorders started. Like a naive fool I preordered and even when they were telling me it would come december 2009 (which they also said in 2008), I believed them. I feel so retarded now.

The Pandora is really, really cool, but I am not sure it will be coming before summer, and like the others have said, it is WAY late. I am willing to give them a break, since they are new at this, and basically flying by the seat of the pants, but this it is getting absurd. It WILL come out though, at some point. They are far too deep in to not finish it at this point.

I have a pre-order for one, but I cannot say I suggest that other people should get one. Not yet, at least.

You got it right at the start, didn't you? You feel my pain.

I wouldn't mind the team, but it's very apparent that they keep bullflaxting us.

Actually, I did not. I was very, very interested in the Pandora since the start, though. I was a huge fan of the GP2X, so I posted a lot of input on the GP32X forums when the Pandora was being developed. They promised they would have a video showing a booting Pandora with a GUI before pre-orders opened, and they lied. In addition, I was the one who made a thread asking specifically about the TV Out cable about 3 months before pre-orders went up. Craigx responded, and said (paraphrasing): "We are including the TV out cable with the Pandora, along with the power and USB cable. We are not fans of how other companies try to make tons of profit off a $0.50 cable, selling it for $25, like the PSP or GP2X".

Pre-Orders open and what do I see? "TV Out not included, click here". They want $20+shipping and handling for it.

fffffffffuuuuuuu.png

So yeah, I decided I was not going to give them my money. I ended up putting in a pre-order just last Spring or so, when a few spots opened up on the list. Even bought the TV out cable. :-/

Like I said, it is a great device, but until it is actually shipping, I cannot really say to get one.

Back