New portable handheld!

This thing is awesome! This emulates from the Atari, to the Dreamcast! And it has Linux.

So, here it is...

The Pandora!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPYDDFwy ... r_embedded

http://www.open-pandora.org/

:awesome:

This is the temporary Dreamcast Emulator (The real one will be much faster) running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXJ0WtWG ... re=related

Features of the Pandora:

ARM® Cortex™-A8 600Mhz+ CPU running Linux
430-MHz TMS320C64x+™ DSP Core
PowerVR SGX OpenGL 2.0 ES compliant 3D hardware
800x480 4.3" 16.7 million color touchscreen LCD
Wifi 802.11b/g, Bluetooth & High Speed USB 2.0 Host
Dual SDHC card slots & SVideo TV output
Dual Analogue and Digital gaming controls
43 button QWERTY and numeric keypad
Around 10+ Hours battery life

Tell me what you think about it.

HOLY flax THATS SO NEW I HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THE PANDORA WHAT OMG I WANT 1 SOOOO BADLY HOLY flax <sarcasm

Seriously, this has been around since like '07 dude.

What the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* man u got my hopes up that the pandora was released finally.

:facepalm:

nobble said:
What the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* man u got my hopes up that the pandora was released finally.

:facepalm:

QFT

Also, the thing will probably be outdated by the time it finally gets released. If that ever happens.

If they continue at the rate they're going then it probably won't be out for another 2 years. I don't think it will be outdated though. It just a smaller computer, as in emulators won't change to need more processing power and music and movies won't need more processing to play at standard definition. Most of the stuff it plays isn't changing so it won't be outdated when it comes out.

I would never want it. It will probably be too expensive, we've got the originals of these things in portable form already, and I personally don't like the widescreen.

It's also probably really expensive.

If it's a decent emulator we'll be out of business. Unless someones really scared of downloading roms.

I don't know about that. The people that do buy portables (or many people at all for that matter) may not know about the Pandora. Also, the Pandora won't be widely available for quite a while. I'd say that selling portables will only slow down a little bit if at all. I do think, however, that people will most likely be looking for higher quality looking portables once there are more things that can do the things that they do. And there's always the thing about playing your own physical copies of games on the go.

You guys know they're at the stage of FCC testing, as soon as that's done they're able to commercially manufacture the device.

Ampersand said:
You guys know they're at the stage of FCC testing, as soon as that's done they're able to commercially manufacture the device.

Well they are getting closer, but it's the same ole "we're almost done" crap. :rolleyes:

Every time they think they are getting close there is another stupid delay. Right now it is the Chinese Manufacturer for the cases. They keep taking their ever-lovin time.

It may come out in a few months but even if it does the first 4000 are already mostly spoken for. And it's going to be 6 months or more AFTER the first 4000 finally come out before more are made.

So I am not holding my breath.

never gonna come out. so whatever. i pulled my preorders, since i needed cash. im not really interested at this point.

I don't know when it will come out, but I do think that it will come out soon and that WILL get this thing out. I also think it will be as awesome as it looks :)

IGNORE, mass production of Pandora boards!
pandoraboards.jpg

TechScreen19 said:
I know its old and delayed, but its coming soon.
Don't believe the pandora team's bullflux. They've been telling us it's coming VERY SOON for over a year now. It's all bullflux.

Kyo said:
TechScreen19 said:
I know its old and delayed, but its coming soon.
Don't believe the pandora team's bullflux. They've been telling us it's coming VERY SOON for over a year now. It's all bullflux.

Actually it's been almost 2 years. LOL

Back