New Nintendo Console Rumors

Hifeno said:
No mention of PS3 in there does that mean it is less powerful?
the PS3's graphics processor is less powerful. In general, though, its a little more difficult to compare to the PS3 because of the design of the PS3 what with all them cells.

I find it interesting that all the game consoles run on the PPC architecture. I wonder if PCs will ever back off of the x86 standard. that is such a convoluted architecture.

grossaffe said:
Hifeno said:
No mention of PS3 in there does that mean it is less powerful?
the PS3's graphics processor is less powerful. In general, though, its a little more difficult to compare to the PS3 because of the design of the PS3 what with all them cells.

I find it interesting that all the game consoles run on the PPC architecture. I wonder if PCs will ever back off of the x86 standard. that is such a convoluted architecture.
It IS possible to offload some graphical computation to the CPU, as seen in Uncharted 2.
GPU is still less powerful, though.

grossaffe said:
I wonder if PCs will ever back off of the x86 standard. that is such a convoluted architecture.

You can expect to see a lot of ARM laptops/netbooks in the near future, especially since Microsoft announced Windows 8 will be for both x86-64 and ARM. Apparently they said they are making it easy to have a program work on both versions, but we'll have to see how that turns out. As for desktops, it'll still be a while longer before we move away from x86-64, but eventually it'll happen.

it seems like all the popular processor architectures are RISC based, but the intel architecture is CISC (though I think it kinda tried to move in a RISC direction in being a RISC processor in a CISC wrapper? all sorts of convoluted flax to this antiquated architecture).

ARM? RISC. PPC? RISC. MIPS? RISC.

In all honesty, it is likely to be fake or a mock-up, but some kid speculating that its "probably fake" with nothing else to say hardly qualifies as proof.

actually he knows alot of stuff about nintendo and gets invited to E3 events and stuff just watch a couple of his vids to see more stuff about the wiihd and other stuff

I'm sure he meets up with Shiggy and Iwata all the time. :p

I still think my point stands. Him saying its "probably fake" implies he's not even sure himself, so doesn't "prove" anything. No one knows one way or another.

buwap and owns as loud as you can, guwan is the man and a hole lot less fan boy talk he demands.

nintendo has only sprung it's market on kids and old people. which is good those are the ages who can use this novel Wii2 or HDwii to it's peak ability. Do you think Nintendo's Market are away from where games are focused? I think they've been off course for a wile now and can't see how they are greeting there developers to make different games is going to get back the more prized demographics. If it's about developers you want to remain true to who they are focused on. be this there saving grace. they have a flat market. Kids, old guys, fan boys don't count there are fan boys for every thing. But the old people and the kids are perfect, they buy these things for there kids just because they think it's neat and safe. this is a tricky thing to leave. Plus there is a different market Asia to America and Microsoft looks different, almost as different as nintendo looks here for instance: the X-box did really poorly over there. the only company that did really well every where is sony. but lost out to much of the 360s unit popularity... I' skeptical to think there will be any room for Nintendo to break through with a bigger name or a project people would enjoy waiting for.

I'd like to see a kids game, that comes out on some thing that beats Microsoft sony gamers expectations and afferms future generations game development. like what sony microsoft hangs over our heads every once and a wile. Game sharing Drag and Drop games. that's some thing I can't remember seeing much before or after those RPG maker games for the Dream cast SNES and PS. imagine kids making games on a low cost plat form with wii controls and home 3d. imagine what a net work could make selling for trading these things the kids could make.

Or they could introduce the Sake and win Wii systems.
shakwii.jpg

Back