New Games You've Gotten: A Blogging Thread

Twilight Wolf

Frequent Poster
Get a new game recently and want to share your thoughts on it? Do so here!

My copy of "Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel" (PS2) arrived in the mail today, and I've been playing it nonstop for the past 3+ hours. I am loving it so far. While the in-game graphics are kind of sharp and jagged (probably aggravated by the fact that I'm using component cables on an LCD), the animated cutscenes are very high-quality and well-done. The graphical imperfections, however, are totally outweighed by the fact that the game itself is very addictive and lots of fun, and getting to play as the main character of my favorite anime in an all-new story totally seals the deal. I plan on seeing this game through to the end.

I got the ROM of Pokemon Soul Silver on my flashcart - it's awesome! I can't wait for this to be released in the U.S. It has a lot of aesthetic improvements from the other Pokemon games, and it's a great experience.

Oh gods, I adore FMA and the Broken Angel. I think I'm near the end, but I can't seem to defeat the bosses I'm at. I've restarted it four or five times, just to play through it again. The further into it you get, the more interesting some of the transmutations are. It is one of my all-time favorites. I'm forcing myself to hold off on FMA2:Curse of the Crimson Elixer until I finish Broken Angel.

I, too, plan on finishing "The Broken Angel" before moving on to "Curse of the Crimson Elixir." Glad to know I'm not the only one who likes this game!

Today, I got myself two new games for my PS3: "Uncharted 2" and "Mirror's Edge!" Getting "Uncharted 2" turned out to be a disappointment in that the GameCrazy I preordered it at is closing (WHY?!? *sobs*) and they never called me to tell me that. If I hadn't gone in to pick up my game today, I'd never have known and they'd have kept my money. (It was only five bucks, but still.) Having gotten my precious fiver back, I can once again say "Thank God for Walmart" here - they had several copies of it, so I picked one up. After that, I headed to Best Buy where I found "Mirror's Edge."

"Uncharted 2" is so far excellent. I'd highly recommend any picking it up if you're a PS3 owner based on what I've played so far. Haven't ventured into the multiplayer mode yet, though I've played it in both the closed beta and the demo, but I plan to tomorrow. The graphics are remarkable, the voice acting is superb, and the characters themselves are awesome.

"Mirror's Edge" is everything I hoped it would be based on the demo I've had on my PS3's HDD for about a year now. Tons of fun and very addicting with a unique premise, with everything in your environment highly detailed. For $20, I definitely don't think I went wrong.

I've been playing "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" pretty much non-stop. It's...strangely addicting. It's like you want to keep advancing into the plot and see what happens!

I beat the game - in less then 30 hours (of combined play time).

NEW GAMES ARE FOR LITTLE KIDS N64 FTW!!![/troll]

I'm getting another copy of SSB because I ruined mine, does that count?

Hook Champ for the iPod Touch. It's like a mix of Bionic Commando/Spiderman/Indiana Jones. Really addictive and very pretty 8 bit graphics :ninj:

world of goo, just bought another copy of both ico, and sotc. also bought some other ones i cant remember. :awesome:

Back