My ZN-40 Portendo 64 WIP (abandoned)

Basement_Modder

He who mods in thy basement.
some people have been asking about my portable, so heres the WIP!

Case-front (after one coat.)
2hf4779.jpg

Case-back (after one coat)
5yrwh3.jpg

Top (Yes, that is start.)
t53qmg.jpg

Sanded
xdul8y.jpg

Back-sanded
2uf97it.jpg

2nd coat:

The electronics side is pretty much done, but I have no pics... yet. My 2nd coat should be dry by now. Adios!

Re: My ZN-40 Portendo 64 WIP- MEGA 56K WARNING!!!

Looks great so far, I see you decided for bondo, I decided against. I wish you'd size the pics down though... :dah:

The last two images are linked to the page that holds the image instead of directly to the images themselves. I'd fix that.

The casework so far looks like crap, but I wouldn't expect it to look good straight from the start.

I advise against white. You're going to have a tough time making every flaw in the case invisible so it doesn't show in the white paint. It's your call, though, and depends on how much patience you've got (I'll assume quite a bit, considering you haven't given up on this project yet).

Caredo said:
The last two images are linked to the page that holds the image instead of directly to the images themselves. I'd fix that.

The casework so far looks like crap, but I wouldn't expect it to look good straight from the start.

I advise against white. You're going to have a tough time making every flaw in the case invisible so it doesn't show in the white paint. It's your call, though, and depends on how much patience you've got (I'll assume quite a bit, considering you haven't given up on this project yet).

I've done more bondo-ing and 4 more coats since I took those pictures. It is beautiful now. I am going to make the case absolutely perfect, even if it means missing the portable-palooza deadline. ;)

Your dpad whole looks like you were drunk *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing a chicken while you were cutting it. :gonk: It's not looking too bad I guess....

eurddrue said:
Your dpad whole looks like you were drunk *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing a chicken while you were cutting it. :gonk: It's not looking too bad I guess....
It has been fixed by now. I took these pics yesterday. ;)

For a first portable, this case would fly. It will not, however, fly with me. It is going to be perfect or its not done. ;)

I discovered today that there was a bridge somewhere on my N64 board between 3.3v and ground. Seeing as my mom is only allotting me until tomorrow to finish the thing, and since I have no other boards, this has been abandoned until Christmas break. (or the first week-long break of the school year.)

My luck sucks. :(

Hey, I learned something from this, an idea for shoulder buttons, so not all is lost!

Just nitpick at your case until you can get a new mobo.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
Hey, I learned something from this, an idea for shoulder buttons, so not all is lost!

Just nitpick at your case until you can get a new mobo.

SS
My case is done. (looks a ton better then above, lol.) Everything is done except the mobo replacement, which I cannot do until Christmas break. (maybe thanksgiving break. We're talking like 2 hours of work here.) :rolleyes:

Back