My First N64 Portable

mission

Newb
decided to post it here also..

Worklog

Finally completed it. Its not perfect, but its done! :)

The paint is a textured black/copper with a few coats of laquer.

i used the original controller joystick, dpad, start, a, b, and c buttons. I used a 7" lcd. Top cartridge load.

20130426053157531_zps662ee88d.jpg

in this photo which is the top left of the handheld, you see the charge port with switch. when on the left the console is on battery power when on the right the battery is connected to the charge port. on the right of that is the L and Z buttons. I just used some long tact buttons. on the left of the charge port is the Video out/in. The switch above it is used to switch the screen to vid 2 and makes the vid/audio ports inputs so you can connect an external device like a dvd player or other game console.

20130426174746889_zpse0cf90a7.jpg

And in this photo we have the volume control, audio input jack left, and headphone jack right. You can hook your ipod/mp3/whatever to the input jack to listen to music while u play :)

20130426174802189_zps25ce6369.jpg

the red button on the front below the screen is the on/off button, and i put two vent holes. one on bottom right and top right. When you turn on the n64 a blue light lights up the top vent.

Anyways, this is my n64 portable, im sure i will enjoy playing it as will my cousins, nieces, and nephews. :) I will probably start another next month. But will definitly have someone on here build a case for me :)

EDIT: just got a video together, not the greatest video but its something atleast, also this was my first video ive made like this so i was a tad nervous.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNibTbv ... e=youtu.be

mission said:
You can hook your ipod/mp3/whatever to the input jack to listen to music while u play :)

That's a Dang cool feature. :D

Looks pretty good for your first! Nice job man!

3.5 hours battery life on a partially charged battery is pretty darned good for an N64 portable with a 7" screen!

I like the paint job - it's sparkly!

thanks guys :)

Life of Brian said:
3.5 hours battery life on a partially charged battery is pretty darned good for an N64 portable with a 7" screen!

I like the paint job - it's sparkly!

ya, i need to fully charge it and just let it sit and play till it dies so i can get a more accurate battery life span.

and as far as the paint, i saw it at walmart and i really liked the look of it, and when i leaned on the portable and broke that corner of the lcd free it made me a bit sad to see all that work to make it nice and smooth(besides the textured paint) got jacked up.

Ashen said:
mission said:
You can hook your ipod/mp3/whatever to the input jack to listen to music while u play :)

That's a Dang cool feature. :D

Looks pretty good for your first! Nice job man!
wo, quoteception^(sorry just watched inception again yesterday)

ya, i like the input jack, i sometimes use it as speakers for my computer when im not using my headphones :)

just finished a battery life check. fully charged it and turned it on and set it on my desk next to me and started a timer on my phone. Left it playing the super smash bros how to play and intro over and over till finally the screen blacked out and shortly after turned off.

Full charge got me 4hours 5minutes

Back