ModRetro Poll: What (if any) Linux distro is your favorite?

AfroLH

Frequent Poster
So I know we have a few Linux lurvers on here and I just wanted to find out what distro do people seem to use most.

I personally use Xubuntu right now, due to the fact that I have a crappy PC.
But my favorite would have to be Elive.

(Notice: Do not post in here to rant about how Linux is better than Windows, we already know it is ;) )

It's hard to screw up a Debian derivitive.

Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Mint, DamnSmall Linux, and SuSE (if only for the corporate backing).

SuSE, if for no other reason than its awesome. :awesome:
i like ubuntu as well, but its slightly to clean for my tastes. :lol: puppy linux and ds linux are both great for reviving old laptops.
i also like the maemo distro, although, it has some issues (chinook-diablo, maemo 4). hawever, these issue are supposed to be fixed in the current (freemantle, maemo 5) release. sadly, there isnt a haxxor edition of freemantle yet so i cant put it on my n810. :gonk:

(Notice: Do not post in here to rant about how Linux is better than Windows, we already know it is ;) )
lol, it's almost like you're trying to start an argument.

Anyhow, my favorite Linux distro would have to be Ubuntu or Redhat.

Puppy Linux. It can be run off a thumb drive, is ~100 MB, and has everything you need in a basic OS. Later versions look really nice, too.

Also, been looking at XPUD. It's less than 100 MB, and is basically just a web browser. It's good for netbooks, but getting wireless to work can be tricky on some computers. It's only in beta right now though.

Back