Ibm thinkpad cooling fan

kill00man

Hello everybody,
As most of you may know, Zenloc has found a perfect heatsink for gamecube portables, and I think i found a link to buy it...
I dont know if the site is really reliable, but its 3$ each. The only problem is that the minimum order is 10$, and also that it looks quite strange the way worldwide shiping is made.
So, I give you the link, and think we should made a big command all together.
Here it is : http://www.acsoutlet.com/05K5494-thinkpad.aspx

I think that link may be for the fan only, not the whole heatsink assembly. No picture to go by so...

Anyway, I received the 3 full heasink/fan assembly's that I ordered from Zenloc's link in his work log thread and I have to say... WOW!! just wow... these things are tiny and perfect! For anyone who missed it though, you will have to do a bit of milling on the bottom of the heatsink. If you don't have access to some type of milling machine (I used a drill press with an end mill bit) removing the excess aluminum from the bottom may end up being a painful process for you.

Ashen said:
I think that link may be for the fan only, not the whole heatsink assembly. No picture to go by so...

Anyway, I received the 3 full heasink/fan assembly's that I ordered from Zenloc's link in his work log thread and I have to say... WOW!! just wow... these things are tiny and perfect! For anyone who missed it though, you will have to do a bit of milling on the bottom of the heatsink. If you don't have access to some type of milling machine (I used a drill press with an end mill bit) removing the excess aluminum from the bottom may end up being a painful process for you.

Um yeah :wtf:

I got them in the mail yesterday and was like fuuuuuuuuuuu-

I've thought about dremeling the bottom piece off with a wheel cut and then just using really fine grit sand paper to get it babybutt smooth. Think that will work??

Yeah sorry about that. Didn't mention that you needed to mill of the bottom and the sides :rolleyes:

But the're great no!! I got about 10 of them. All ready for my batch of gamecubemini's :mrgreen:

I contacted them and they also say it's a fan not a heatsink. Altough I'm gonna send them a picture of the completled assembly that I have and see if that is the one they are selling. They also have plenty in stock so everybody should be able to get a couple.

I'll let you know if it's the complete assembled heatsink with fan.

Back