I need you guys' help!

bentomo

Frequent Poster
I can't find the av cord for my camera, that's not what I need help with. And now I can't convert a tape to a digital file. What I use to do was play it through the av out into a capture card and just record it into a digital file.

So I have to convert a mini tape to a digital file asap. Which I hate because tapes are stupid because there's hardly anyway to convert it to a file.

So any other ideas to convert this to a file? Connecting the camera to the computer won't work because I don't have the software to convert the file from the tape. :evil2:

Any ideas!!

thewise1 said:
I can't find the av cord for my camera, that's not what I need help with. And now I can't convert a tape to a digital file. What I use to do was play it through the av out into a capture card and just record it into a digital file.

So I have to convert a mini tape to a digital file asap. Which I hate because tapes are stupid because there's hardly anyway to convert it to a file.

So any other ideas to convert this to a file? Connecting the camera to the computer won't work because I don't have the software to convert the file from the tape. :evil2:

Any ideas!!

Wait, so you connect the camera to the computer and download the file, but not use it?

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Do you have firewire? Most MiniDV cams use it to transfer, there is TONS of software to rip miniDV tapes to a digital format.

No I don't have firewire, I would have done that if I did. It's just a 5pin mini usb.

If you know of software that can convert an analog tape to digital over usb that would solve everything.

MiniDV is digital, not analog. ;) Most video editing software can edit MiniDV files natively.

What model camera is this? It all comes down to the camera being able to output over USB or not.

Well what software can I use, when I do connect the camera to my computer over usb I get the options to stream or burn vcd on the camera, but I always get an error when I try them.

Its a sony dcr-hc36

I was actually able to get it working with windows movie maker, the real problem was getting the camera connected to the pc. Which I found some drivers for.

Back