How to wire up controller data to the PIF and remove the U8!

Noah

Frequent Poster
I take no credit in the discovery, all credit goes to Beta and Bibin, I'm just making a diagram. :p

i1cPP.jpg

That should get the U8 off the board, just pull 3.3 volts from any place. Don't know where? Grab a multimeter. I currently have no working N64s so I have no way to check if there is a close area. :p

Re: How to wire up controller data to the PIF and remove the

You should use an image that makes it obvious what pins you solder to without counting. IE, A PICTURE WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE WHOLE CHIP.

Much Better Good Job Thanks

You can see the whole chip. If you counted there's 14 pins on the left, and 14 is the lowest pin.

I don't want to count. It isn't obvious in your photo that the whole chip is there. This other guy's picture is far more useful.

If you don't want to count, you aren't going to achieve much. Also, his picture fails to show you must bridge the connections, noobs might not know you need to, and assume you can pick either one, then will come asking questions when it doesn't work.

Noah said:
If you don't want to count, you aren't going to achieve much. Also, his picture fails to show you must bridge the connections, noobs might not know you need to, and assume you can pick either one, then will come asking questions when it doesn't work.

Don't tell me what I can achieve, no one would know any of this if it wasn't for me. You are flax at making diagrams. Live with it.

CeuG7.jpg

Simple enough. Pull 3.3v and ground from wherever you choose.

βeta said:
no one would know any of this if it wasn't for me.
βeta said:
Bibin figured out how to omit the U8 without any other work, and it's so dead-simple I can't believe no one else has figured out yet.

I'm not telling you what you can and can't achieve. Any person who has opened an N64 can tell that's the bottom of the chip. If not, they are inexperienced, and should get more practice before trying this. Don't even think about Segaing, "Oh, I had no idea it was the bottom, make a better diagram hur dur." because you know it's the bottom. The diagram makes it easy for anyone who doesn't know where the PIF is. Use your head before getting all bent out of shape, please.

Thanks for editing your diagram farmer, makes it easier for inexperienced people.

I've only glanced at an N64 motherboard once at wolborg's house, and Noah's picture was good enough for me.

Noah said:
Thanks for editing your diagram farmer, makes it easier for inexperienced people.
your welcome and sorry for stirring up all this ca-motion.

It's not your fault at all.

Back