How to wire a 1st/ 2nd player controller Jack on your N64p

Basement_Modder

He who mods in thy basement.
One of the cool things about the N64 is that it only uses one line for data. Due to this, controller switching is very easy on a hardware level. Many people chose to put a 2nd player port on their portables. Often, people put 2 ports, one for 1st player and one for 2nd. I have a somewhat simple solution to having one port for both, given that you don't mind being restricted to the built-in controlls when you have a 2nd player.

Essencially, when you flip the switch one way, the port is 2nd player and the built-in controller is 1st. When you flip it the other way, it disconnects the internal controller and makes the plug 1st player. I will be doing this on my next portable, and wanted to share it with the world.

Gt a DP-DT switch and wire it up like so:
80b3d0ba.jpg

I don't know how practical this would be because when you do two player, and player one is using the built in controller then the second person has a harder time seeing the screen.

Just gotta not be such a hogger. It's better than not having it at all, I guess.

Mind if I put this on my site?

you only have an iphone for internet? You poor thing. I suppose you could always get some kind of paint app, though most of them aren't very sophisticated.

Kyo said:
you only have an iphone for internet? You poor thing. I suppose you could always get some kind of paint app, though most of them aren't very sophisticated.
Well, I have like 4 computers, but some time last year they began dropping like flies. Now I'm in the process of fixing one, which I can use to fix another one. IDK what'll happen to the remaining two.

Back