How-To: Frontlight your Game Boy Color!

Great guide. I like how you flipped the frontlight sideways, and it just narrowly fit. It always feels great when things... just barely fit. :p

Ugh, fools! AR film is normally needed for frontlighting, but in my case I used something super secret.

AR film is never used in backlighting. Ever.

:neutral2: B_M = Dumbass

:rolleyes: This guide would've been nice when I decided to do this... :mrgreen: I started making one too :p I'm glad somebody beat me. :lol:

Ugh. Troubleshooting time. Mine isn't working... I'm sure I did everything right!!! Wait, I did this on my GBC with the rechargable battery in it. does this matter?

Hi! Im new here, have a question for you: the gba sp filter (that transparent plastic thing) can I do myself with a piece of plastic and little leds? what material is made that thing?(the filter).
Thanks!

Sarlenguis said:
Hi! Im new here, have a question for you: the gba sp filter (that transparent plastic thing) can I do myself with a piece of plastic and little leds? what material is made that thing?(the filter).
Thanks!

No you can't. It is a light guide. a piece of plastic with precise grooves cut in it to direct the light to the screen. There's no way to do it yourself.

Back