GCP Modchip SD Card

The Diagram is a little Confusing. :neutral2: How exactly do I build one of these? And I cant seem to find 903 resistors anywhere... Cant I just use 900 Ohm Resistors? Would it work the same way?

What I had to do was find a combination of resistors wbose values added up go 903, ~1870 and 486 or whatever the last one was and then solder them together in series.

If you have 900ohm resistors you could test them to see what their values are as even one with a gold band on them would vary enough to give you 903 ohms. Same goes for the rest.

Being off by 1-2 ohms shouldnt affect the voltage too much. But be sure to check your outputs before you hook any voltages up to anything. Hook your battery up to the regulators and check the outputs after you build it.

I was also thinking of making another diagram in paint when I got back from vacation to clear up those pics of zenlocs for people as well.

I followed Shockslayers diagram, which is very easy to understand:

gamecuberegulatordiagrams.png

He used rounded values for the resistors and only one capacitor per regulator.

Oh Dang. Ive never seen that diagram. That should be clear enough for anyone lol.

Overall it cost about $40. But I had to buy all of the chips. You can go to ti.com and get samples if theyre available for free which can save some money. Otherwise youll have to buy them on ebay.

I paid $7.50 each for the 08080s and $15 from ti.com for the 08100. Or around that much. Caps are cheap. 100 of them for like $5.

Oh, WOW that diagram is much easier to understand... Lol

And the Price is great... I'll certainly be building one of these Now!

Back