Firefox bookmark backup folder?

epicelite

Frequent Poster
What folder does Firefox store bookmark BACKUPS in?

See I set my date to 2020 cus I was installing a trial, lol.

Anyway apparently I used firefox before I undid it and Firefox saved a backup for 2020, and now it is not saveing any new backups. I can't figure out how to delete the 2020 backup so it will save new ones. :cry4:

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A BACKUP TOOL.

All I want is the folder where Firefox stores it's bookmark backups.

It's in a hidden folder so you have to click the option to show hidden folders, if you don't know how to do that than just google it.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zx7oy6n7.default\bookmarkbackups

The application data is the hidden file. And in the backups folder are json files. You can use firefox itself to restore it, you don't need an add on.

To restore it: Bookmarks\organize bookmarks\import and backup (at the top)\restore\choose file

thewise1 said:
It's in a hidden folder so you have to click the option to show hidden folders, if you don't know how to do that than just google it.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zx7oy6n7.default\bookmarkbackups

The application data is the hidden file. And in the backups folder are json files. You can use firefox itself to restore it, you don't need an add on.

To restore it: Bookmarks\organize bookmarks\import and backup (at the top)\restore\choose file

HOORAY! You get a cookie! :rofl:

Back