Fierce64 Worklog DONE

Re: Fierce64 Worklog

Bud, my case is 5.6" by 3.5", so it's a little bit smaller than a SL-64p. I actually thought about using it but I didn't want to make a TriSixtyFource cloneeven though my portable is already similar to it as it is. Also, the reason I like the Maxfire stick is because it has more travel distance than a psp nub, and it has slightly more friction.

I got the screen hole cut, and the nub stick hole is being epoxied in. I'll upload a pic when it's done, maybe tommorow.

I hear ya. But it wouldn't be a clone without a spacer. ;)

Did you ever get the RAM I sent you?

No, I haven't gotten it yet, but the post office has been closed for 2 days so maybe it'll come tomorrow.

Edit: It came in the mail today, I'll probably put it on my board sooner or later, but right now I'm mainly doing case work. Thanks Bud, thats like $10 you saved me.

I'm sorry about another double post, but I don't like editing an old post with an update.

Got the screen hole cut, and the joystick hole epoxied in, although I need to sand a little more.

2011-01-18_12-53-15_209-1.jpg

Got the A button, B button and C buttons epoxied into the case. I'm using a Wii Dpad as the C buttons.

2011-01-25_19-36-19_849-1.jpg

Wow, thanks guys, I just hope it will still look good when after I paint it. The epoxy feels super smooth so it should be fine. Too bad I won't get to paint it for awhile, I still have a lot of casework to do

Yeah whatever you do, don't rush the prep work as I'm sure you already know!

Got some more progress done on the case, nothing major, just some minor epoxy and sanding here and there to make things look better, nothing picture worthy.

Also, I've been doing some work on the controller, It's going the be almost as small as the chip.
Pic:
2011-02-01_18-27-47_392.jpg

Those black lines are sharpie marks to help me remember what connects to what on the back of the board.

As you can see, I've got a lot more work to, and thankfully I don't need to worry about the memory slot traces on the top of the chip. Sorry for the bad quality, my phone doesn't like close-ups.

That is amazing, and I feel your pain. I have done that on one superpad 64, and those traces are worce than RCP wiring, IMO.

Got some more stuff done today.

I got an audio amp, it's mono but I'm going to use 2 amps, with 2 digital pots wired to the same buttons.

Here is what I'm using for speakers:
2011-02-07_16-03-18_389.jpg

They're tiny, about the size of a quarter as you can see. The quality is pretty good, not amazing but I like it.

Also, I got my batteries, they fit into my case nicely
2011-02-07_16-05-06_72.jpg

I've been working on the controller, it's almost completely rewired but not worthy of a picture.

I know progress has been kind of slow, but my 3.5 inch screen problem has been making me not want to work. Once I get a working one, progress should be faster. Also, I need to RCP wire again because wires keep popping off since I didn't secure them correctly.

I'd be very interested to see your pics on how you reduced the board. I've got a super pad I'm using for mine, and it is a bit big for what need. Problem is, mine has capacitors all over the place and I think it's an original release. I've seen three different revisions of the super pad, but didn't know anything could be reduced. Looking forward to see this!

I haven't made much progress lately due to lack of work space. Now I have a place to work and will hopefully get more progress done. For my controller I used a superpad 64 plus, which was not ideal but it is what I had lying around. My controller had lots of caps and resistors too, I will get pictures tomorrow for you. I just followed the traces and re-wired very close the the chip. It would help if I could see a picture of your controller board.

Back