F/S: ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB PCIe DDR3 OEM Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downing

Hey Guys,

If anyone is in the need for a decent yet cheap PCI Express graphics card, I've got a spare now that I don't need.
This came from my PC since I've upgraded to a 1GB DDR5 card.
This card will run Crysis on high, but it depends on the computers processor as to how well.
But it's a decent card for being 3 years old.
Crossfire ready as well, so you can put two of them together and really rock out!

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Here is the Ebay link.
Also, if you want to do private sale after the auction ends and doesn't sell, we're more than welcome to go that route as well!

Thanks for looking!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270780421169&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

DSC_0174.jpg

Re: F/S: ATI Radeon 512MB PCIe DDR3 Dell OEM Graphics Card

Your thread title has next to NOTHING useful in its description of the video card.

F/S: ATI Radeon 512MB PCIe DDR3 Dell OEM Graphics Card

Mako is right. This is the worst GPU description I've ever heard.

However, I am almost certain it's a Radeon HD 3850. It's got a high number of stream processors for the day and a 670 MHz clock speed, which was certainly speedy when launched. However, it's minimal amount of bandwidth and memory really constrained it.

For those of you who want to know about how well that would perform, compared to a very popular card from back in the daythe Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT, it is consistently ~10-15% slower.

Saying it runs Crysis on High is a lot of talk, and it does not. It gets on average 15 FPS on Crysis with a 1600x1200 resolution, 4x AA, and 16x anisotropic filtering. So yes, you could skimp on some things to get it to run smoothly on "High", but it's not the performance champ you make it out to be.

That being said, it's worth about $30 at best. I offer you that much, shipped.

Ebay link states it's a 4850. Downing, can you confirm that?

As far as I know it's a 4850, I'll check the serial number again when I get home and then I'll get a link for all the tech specs you require. However this is a Dell manufactured card that I chose when they built it for me 3 years ago. 512MB because 1GB were still an additional $150 to $200 bucks.

Oh, and on a side note, you don't need to be dinks about the description, (not you XCVG or Mako for that matter, it was kind of bland). I don't sell these all the time nor do I claim to know everything about them. Like I said, if you want more info ask and I'd be glad to help. Insinuating that I'm a liar, full of talk or that I'm over stating things is a very rude and immature gesture right off the bat. A simple, " I think you might be mistaken" would have worked just fine.

Anyway, enough venting, I'll get some better specs up shortly.

Seriously though guys, don't be dicks because he doesn't know anything about it. I was selling a $130 graphing calculator, and because of one mistake in the title (which is what eBay automatically brought up when I typed it in), I ended up making $10 after having to refund the guy money.

But also, do good research before you sell, so you don't get in messes like I have.

Re: F/S: ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB PCIe DDR3 Dell Graphics Car

Ampersand said:
But also, do good research before you sell, so you don't get in messes like I have.

Agreed and on that note:

All the tech stuff I don't know much about.
AMD Site Specs

A review that has frame rates for Crysis in single and crossfire modes and in the resolution that was stated above.
CNET Review from 2008 when card was new

A pic of the actual tag on the back of the card, clearly stating it's a 4850
4850tag-1.jpg

New and Used Prices on Amazon
Amazon.com for prices Used and New

Search Results on ATI Radeon HD4850 on Ebay
Ebay Search Results for Radeon HD4850

I hope this calms the collective minds and feeds them a bit more info.

Oh J.D. I'm assuming you know what Insinuating (correct spelling this time) means right? You're right, no one said anything about lying, but it was kind of hinted at in some of the remarks, i.e. "it's a lot of talk" and others of the like. :lol: Just wanted to make sure. :lol: I like that picture though, great show, I miss it!

I'm not an idiot, I know what insinuating is. There's a difference between lying and simply being wrong.

Agreed, but that's where I was simply defending myself and stating that the words and context he used were hinting that I was lying and was trying to make something into something it wasn't. That's all. No need to further this now, the facts are on the table and we can just go back to this being a FS thread. Actually if the Mods want to lock it that's fine, people can either PM me or watch on Ebay. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back