Composite connector

Yesterday I pulled the composite connector off my rev c board, I now realize i wanted it on there, but the composite connector is to damaged to put back on. Is there a place i can get one new, I have looked around but all I can find is the composite cable, not the connector. And if I am able to get one can i simply put it back on to the board?

Probably the only way to get one is to buy it off someone with a dead mobo. Assuming you didn't damage the contact points when you desoldered it, then you should be able to just pop a new one in a solder it down.

I have another question, i have a dvd player screen that is all ready powered and has a av input. can i strip then solder solder this(red yellow and white side)to the board and plug the other side into the dvd player. The reason I am asking is how is there going to be ground.
35i67bn.jpg

There is two wires in side each yellow,red and white connector. There will be a ground wire, usually just inside the insulation, and the signal wire, insulated again.

Yes, there will be ground inside each wire acting as shielding. It's generally a good idea to use shielding on your video (composite) wire to keep the signal clean and free of interference. The grounding inside each of the three wires all connect at the beginning of the cable, so you technically only need grounding from one of the wires (but it can't hurt to ground all 3 of them for shielding).

Back