Commission for marcello1~The Throwback64

Re: Commission for marcello1

dZEUml.jpg

Case is done.

The notebook to the left of the case...
Edit: flaxty monitor is flaxty. Thank you, Prog.

I noticed the screen and the controls are raised a little higher than the other case. I like it better. :D

Yeah, that's because the triggers are going up top now GBA style. Also, the A/B/C buttons are in the same place so they're equidistant for use of the analog stick or the dpad.

How do you do that? Just trim the connector, bend the pins a bit, and resolder it? Wonder how an expansion pak would handle that, with the extra heat.

I just removed the connector and soldered it back on at a 90 degree angle.

So I sanded down the majority of that epoxy, and filled in a few low spots. Not that interesting at the moment, but I'll take some pictures once the filler cures and I sand it down.

Edit:
ZNMhTl.jpg

It feels awesome not having to cut a motherboard down to ridiculous sizes.

XtUNIl.jpg

Just waiting for the bondo to dry.

Also, I cut a 16 gauge (1.4mm thick) copper sheetsink.
It looks rough as Heck because I didn't have access to a drill. So I used my Dremel to cut it, and then I tapped the holes with a improvised metal punch and then used various bits to make the holes big enough.
wqD3Cl.jpg

I couldn't really get the sheet to heatsink the ram and the expansion pack how I wanted, so now it's just for the CPU and RCP. I think I'll go get a rev8 and redo the slot bend so then I only have to worry about heatsinking two ram chips. I'll more than likely put a micro fan in this unit like I did in the JB just to keep everything comfortable.

Whelp, there's apparently a curse in effect causing me to have disastrous luck with the zn40. I've proposed a new case concept to my buyer, I'm just waiting for him to give me the go ahead.

Back