Car opinions

That and Toyota makes nothing but cheap plastic appliances. They might as well say Kenmore on the side.

I still think you should go for a Trailduster/Ramcharger or an early Bronco. Old trucks are the flax. :awesome:

e: Pagebreak :(

GMC Jimmy/ Chevy Blazer... They should be in your price range and if they do have problems, parts prices aren't too bad...

Old Jimmy's are *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing awesome.

Mid-70's Jimmy's, just, *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing great.
But good luck finding one.
You'll find a million older Bronco's, and the occasional Blazer.
But a Jimmy? NEVER back East, rarely elsewhere.

bic said:
That and Toyota makes nothing but cheap plastic appliances. They might as well say Kenmore on the side.
I'll have my plastic over cheap Chrysler cars any day.

Hey Chrysler still kinda knew what the Heck they were doing back in the early 70s. :lol: Pretty much everything before their first bailout in the early 80s (when they started rebranding Mitsubishis) was built as well as the Fords and GMs of the time. They only started going down the crapper when they ran out of money and had to license Mitsubishis and tried to base every new in-house design off the K platform.

To be honest, I think they reached perfection with their early '90s minivans. We've had a Plymouth Grand Voyager LE since 1997 or so and it's been crazy reliable, not to mention well-designed and easy to drive. Not so with our '99 Chrysler Town and Country. Too Dang hard to work on, visibility is HORRENDOUS, and it's hard as Heck to park.

Sadly, the Plymouth is getting retired since it's been driven to death and it's beginning to have more problems than are worth investing the money into fixing, like the driver door just about falling off the car. ;_;

I've never seen a reliable Chrysler. My neighbors for example, have been working on their caravan for the past 10 years with fluid leaks and other engine problems. Their driveway is ruined from all the everything leaking onto it, and the car always has its hood up for repairs. My parents also had the same issues with theirs back in the 90s.

Back