Can i use this capacitor & resistor?

AndreeU

So i went to radio shack and purchased a capacitor of 100uF 35v. I've read that mostly everyone uses a 100uF 16v. Would it really matter if i use a 35v capacitor over a 16v capacitor (Were not using capacitors yet in my electronic class)! Also can i use a 1.8k ohms resistos over a 2.0k since i already have to 1.8k and not a 2.0k ohms resistors. Or can i simply link in series 2 1.0k resistors that add up to 2.0k ohms? Whats our best approach?

AndreeU said:
So i went to radio shack and purchased a capacitor of 100uF 35v. I've read that mostly everyone uses a 100uF 16v. Would it really matter if i use a 35v capacitor over a 16v capacitor (Were not using capacitors yet in my electronic class)! Also can i use a 1.8k ohms resistos over a 2.0k since i already have to 1.8k and not a 2.0k ohms resistors. Or can i simply link in series 2 1.0k resistors that add up to 2.0k ohms? Whats our best approach?
The voltage rating on Capacitors is how much voltage it can handle, so if you use a capacitor of the same farad but higher voltage rating than needed, you're perfectly fine. For your resistor, resistance adds in series, so 2x 1k ohm resistors would indeed replace a 2k ohm resistor if hooked up in series.

Back