Broken 16Gb Ipod Touch, help fixing it?

Re: Broken 8Gb Ipod Touch 1st Gen. What should/Can I do with it?

I would have put this in that nice new "Other" forum. :dah:

it sounds bricked. it could probably be fixed. palmer probably knows. and if he doesnt, bibin does. :dahroll:

Can you get a pic of the "scrambles"? Better yet, a video.

It might be fixable.

PalmerTech said:
Can you get a pic of the "scrambles"? Better yet, a video.

It might be fixable.

Sorry that this was posted in the wrong forum (my bad)

I am uploading a video as we speak. I couldn't get it to act the way it normally acts, USUALLY the logo appears fine for 1-2 seconds and then gets slightly scrambled. This time it was really really scrambled...

EDIT: Here's the link, I dont think it has processed yet...

Try holding the power and the home button Until you get a white screen, then connect it to itunes and flash the firmware.

Kylechu, are you on the chat? Can you get on the chat real quick and do me a favor?

I can't get on right now, and I need Palmer to see a PM I sent him so I can get on. Can you ask him to check his PMs for me, hopefully he's on?

snowpenguin said:
Kylechu, are you on the chat? Can you get on the chat real quick and do me a favor?

I can't get on right now, and I need Palmer to see a PM I sent him so I can get on. Can you ask him to check his PMs for me, hopefully he's on?

Why post that here? Just PM Kylechu directly instead of contacting him in a random thread. :rolleyes:

I left it on for a bit and it randomly jumped to the connect to itunes thing. Then little black lines started showing up. :( I'll go install itunes now. Any ideas what could cause this stuff?

By the way, in case you havn't realized, I bought it.

edit: It was working great for a while, but now it's stuck on the apple logo. What's wrong? :gonk:

You already got it in the mail? That was fast. IMHO, USPS is the best shipping service. They're the only ones who haven't screwed me over so far... (screw UPS, Fedex, and DHL)

Anyways, I hope you can get it working.

Back