BitCoin

More info would still be nice, but lets go worst case: Assuming you are already running the computer 24/7, assuming it is an ATI 6970 (I will assume you are going high end), the GPU will be using just over 200 watts at maximum draw. The baseline draw of a 6970 is about 70 watts, so that would be a 130 watt increase. Basically, the same amount of power as 2 normal light bulbs, or a 32" LCD TV.

Just FYI, guys, the exchange rate broke $9 yesterday, has been hovering at about $8.50 for a while now. If you had bought at $5.50, would have nearly doubled your money!

I totally have

freaking

coins

soon(lol mining pools)

I am rich.

So anyways, how much longer is bitcoin set to accelerate in theoretical value?
I'm totally willing to spend money I don't have on this stuff to get more money to pay off the money I didn't have in the first place. For the lulz.
If I can, I'm going to get my brothers computer with an ati card to mine whenever he isn't around. 150 Mhash/s compared to my lulzy 5mhash/s nvidia ::3:

BoFoSho said:
bitcoin broke $28

WHY DIDN'T I BUY AS MANY OF THESE AS I COULD'VE WHEN THEY WERE AT 5$

URGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

At my calculations 100$ worth of bitcoins, so 20 coins would now be worth 560 dollars. I could've made 460$ by doing nothing.

:cry4:

Kickback said:
It's virtually impossible to buy Bitcoins in the UK

Actually, it is WAY easier in the UK than it is in the US. You can do a direct bank transfer to the MtGox exchange, with only 0.65% fees.

I tried, and I cant, because only Britcoin seems to want to accept GBP and the guy there flatout refuses to use anything other than a bank deposit

*Can'tSayThisOnTV* am I giving my money to some guy I don't know, not trustable.

Someone else unloaded a bunch of bitcoins at once, $120,000 worth this time. Caused a temporary slump, but already back up above 17 and rising.

I believe my Mtgox account got hacked, because my bitcoins got withdrawn somewhere in the middle of the night. I am currently waiting for a response from them, trying to cancel a $100 transfer from Dwolla and changing my password. I am *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing mad.

Back