battery pack mod 7.4v 5000mah Questions HELP

Gamerlolwind

hay everyone, i have a question on this mod I'm thinking of doing:

5/11/12

today i went to my local hardware store and got some power wire for installing the two 7.4v 2500mah battery packs together.

so, according to my wiring diagram the wiring should be like this:

BattterywiringDiagramforCubeFusionPAL.jpg

likewise a test of what the actual wiring should be like:

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

looks good, huh?

also to be sure about how to do the wiring step by step:

1) strip the wires to use for soldering (done)
2) apply Flux paste to the wire parts for soldering and to the battery's holes too.
3) apply some solder to the fluxed wires and the holes
4) then heat the wire before sticking into hole to melt solder
5) once solder is melted stick wire in the hole and let it sit until it has cooled.

this is correct? if not let me know

also the wire fits in the hole fine, but leaves no space for the soldering iron to enter, is this good or bad?

i'd like to hear from you guys before i attempt this wiring mod.

I'm guessing your charger for those batteries ahs an inbuilt overheat/overcharge/undercharge protection circuit built in?

I would also like to ask you if you are planning on pulling the batteries apart, that way you can align them all parallel and get good solder points also.

djstevo said:
I'm guessing your charger for those batteries ahs an inbuilt overheat/overcharge/undercharge protection circuit built in?

I would also like to ask you if you are planning on pulling the batteries apart, that way you can align them all parallel and get good solder points also.

The charger? I think so.

I asked hailrazer about this and he told me that I can keep the batteries with the casing on and solder the points in the holes like in my,pics.

That's what he told me, but okay.

So for wiring them without the casing, I just solder to the PCB's +'s together and -'s together and nothing else?

And my step method above is correct?

I think you will have trouble soldering in those holes the soldering iron has to at least make contact with the wire as you lay solder.

It's very simple to solder in those holes. :rolleyes:

You pre-tin the hole with the soldering iron. Pre-tin the wire. Then lay the wire on the holeand heat the hole and the wire and slide the wire in the hole. (no comments perverts)

And yes the charger is a smart charger and the batteries have a pcb in them.

hailrazer said:
It's very simple to solder in those holes. :rolleyes:

You pre-tin the hole with the soldering iron. Pre-tin the wire. Then lay the wire on the holeand heat the hole and the wire and slide the wire in the hole. (no comments perverts)

And yes the charger is a smart charger and the batteries have a pcb in them.

thanx for the useful tips, hailrazer :)

Back