Ampersand

Lightbulbs are awesome!
Anyone ever heard of it?

Well you should've.

It's how you do THIS badass flax:

CF-breech.jpg

yoyofactory-skyline-splash-1.jpg

Yeah yeah. So it's basically sexy.

That's not paint btw. That's metal dyed on a microscopic level. Ultra bright colors and flax, super clean.

Anywho, I recently learned from my dad how to do this (after he grabbed me some sulfuric acid :awesome:).

I thought it might be cool if someone made an aluminum portable case and I anodized it. I can also do decals dyed like the splash, as well as acid washing:

goose.jpg

Pretty awesome marble like effect, but it can also be less blended and more crisp between colors. I can also do practically infinite layers of colors (although it is tedious).

Cool beans, amirite?

Re: Anodozing

anodizing is the flax. in theory, the case for the DC lappy of :awesome:ness will be anodized. thus makings it that much cooler.

depends. my fab shop will do it for real cheap, but i may want decals. think macbook pro aluminum but with a dreamcast spiral instead of an apple on the lid. but if i do that i might make it a hole and let the backlight light it up. so probably professionally clear coat anodized.

I was going to do this for Afro's DCL.
I have metal working stuffs, I'm just not too good at it. I have lead, I just need acid.

You don't... Need... Lead?

lolwut you guys aren't making sense. Have you ever anodized before?

You do too need lead.

tank.jpg

What do you think the Cathode is? You do know why it's called a LEAD ACID battery right? Because it's lead? And acid?

Oh. Haaa. I didn't even know that the cathode was lead. I usually don't mess with the tanks for cleaning and stuff, my dad doesn't want me to mix the cleaning sponges with the bleach tank or anything cause mustard gas is bad and stuff.

That didn't make any sense at all. Anway, plastic makes the best containers for anodizing, you can't have any other metals in the bath or terrible, unspeakable things happen.

Like the tubs and buckets we used are used for other things as well so we have to clean them sometimes. And since I do acid washing, I use bleach as well. And bleach + sulfuric acid = mustard gas. My dad doesn't want me cleaning the tubs, he's afraid I'll kill myself.

Back