Anime discussion thread.

So after marathoning half of psycho-pass..

This gonna be a cult classic. Calling it.

Every single crime/cop show out there straight up cripples in the face of psycho-pass. It's pretty good.

Its got all the right stuff going for it. Hot Dang is the story interesting, and its consistent, coherent, yet still unpredictable. Amazing work.

Yeah, you're going to be confused, like really confused, when you first watch S;G, but just keep watching.

I'm waiting for R;N to stop airing before I watch it, but I'm really tempted to just start now.

4 episodes into BTOOOM! and I'm enjoying it so far. The whole premise is, is that many people are abducted and thrown onto an island and given 1 set of bombs (8 different kinds of bombs total) and they have to kill each other to "win the game" and leave the island. The amount of people you have to kill to "win" is 7. There is a crystal like chip inplanted into the left hand of everyone on the island that gives them the ability to sense other players if they are moving (tl;dr sonar/radar). The people are selected by their own peers, simply by filling out a form saying who they would like to dissappear. The person who fills out the form also gains some money just by doing so (100,000 yen iirc). In the anime there is a very popular MMO called "BTOOOM!" on which the survival island is based (8 different bomb choices, no guns, and a radar system to find opponents). The people on the island do not have to be players of the MMO, but obviously if they have played it they have an advantage. The island and the games creator seems to have some sort of connection. Only 12 episodes I believe, about to watch the fifth.

Ohhh I looooved BTOOOM! You will have to wait a while for the second season because the first season exhausted moooost of the currently written manga. And it ends on a pretty big like "We're gonna have a second season" vibe. I think it actually ends with a continue Y/N screen counting down. Looool.

But yeah, the people who are there are there because someone hates them basically. The main character was actually selected by his mom. Loooooooool.

Just finished up episode 10. I'm loving it. It's giving me a nice exciting feeling I haven't gotten since the first time I watched Durarara! Or Accel World.

For those of you who haven't, you are going to LOVE psycho-pass. This is, completely seriously, one of the best crime shows/animes ever. 16 episodes in, the story is just fantastic, the characters, the setting, everything. Just wow.

Also, VERY NSFW. Violence. Lots of it.

I marathoned Mirai Nikki yesterday. Or this morning, more accurately. Finished at 0400 or so. Which probably didn't do too much for the ACT that I had to take at 7::3:0, but hey. Show was crazy, but pretty Dang good. I am now thinking about killing my parents just to see what happens.

On an almost unrelated note, anybody know where I can get a jap style flip phone that will play nice with US cell networks? Like, the standard cellphone in every anime ever - Like a classic flip phone, but sexy and with smartphone features, plus waterproof. I *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing want one, but so far all the ones I've found are only good for calling/SMS in the states - 3g/4g/MMS won't work. The one I really want is a Sharp SH-03E but it won't work. I may just buy one and swap the SIM cards back and forth so I can use that most of the time and stick it in my current phone when I need mobile net, but that would be a bit of a pain.

Yeah, I always wished they made some sort of Android powered flip phone here in the US with decent specs, if only for the novelty. I wonder why the flip phone style stayed so popular in Japan, whereas it died out most other places.

I wish Half-qwerty keypads or equivalent were more popular. Faster than candybar keypads, still easy to do one-handed. But yeah why the Heck does japan have such good cellphones/infrastructure compared to most of the world. Tokyo just seems like one of the most logical places to live if you don't mind small apartments.

And natural disasters. Too bad they can't just pick up the whole city country and move it somewhere safer.

Episode 21 of Psycho-Pass just aired, Its gonna be a 22 episode anime, so I invite you to begin watching. [Horriblesubs] on nyaatorrents is good.

VERY epic. Everything is coming together and its just amazing.

After marathoning several anime over the past week, flaxs pretty awesome.

Comedy from seitokai(both), to the tragic fate/zero(if only it was standalone and not a prequel, the writers could have avoided an evangelion ending), to the ghosts in the shells.

This awesome little short came out of some young animators' film festival of sorts. Its godDang amazing and I hope it gets a series.

Back