Android Users: We have a N64 emulator!

So, assuming I don't want to go crazy and overclock things, which phone would run this the best? This has finally convinced me to ditch my ipod touch and Tracfone for an Android Phone.

PalmerTech said:
grossaffe said:
someone needs to mod a wiimote into a mountable controller. cheaper than the icontrolpad.

evotainment-2011-03-08-300.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/08/evot ... tc-evo-on/

As cool as that is, I'd rather just carry the wiimote separately at that size. :p

Also, WHY would he stretch the picture? It always ends up looking like ass.

Zero said:
Also, WHY would he stretch the picture? It always ends up looking like ass.
There are a couple N64 games that do support widescreen. But yes, stretching Mario is dumb.

kylechu said:
So, assuming I don't want to go crazy and overclock things, which phone would run this the best? This has finally convinced me to ditch my ipod touch and Tracfone for an Android Phone.
Any high end Android phone should run it almost perfectly out of the box. Droid X, EVO, Galaxy S, and Nexus S are a few that should handle it without a problem. I have my Fascinate OC'd, but it there is almost no difference between stock and OC.

vskid3 said:
kylechu said:
Any high end Android phone should run it almost perfectly out of the box. Droid X, EVO, Galaxy S, and Nexus S are a few that should handle it without a problem. I have my Fascinate OC'd, but it there is almost no difference between stock and OC.
Would you consider the Desire to be high end? :gonk:

All of those high-end phones are also going to be either ass expensive without a contract (think $600+) or are going to cost you money every month and lock you into a contract.

Get a Nook Color or something instead.

I think my point is still valid, though, Zero. A phone is going to be insanely expensive whether you get one with a contract or not. It's just a matter of how long of a period the payments are stretched out over and whether or not you want to be restricted to what your carriers says you can and can't do. Contracts are why I'm getting the Heck out of Sprint ASAP.

Yep, if you want a good Android device without a monster price tag/contract, the Nook Color is where it's at. I paid the same price for my Fascinate and Nook, but the Nook doesn't require me paying lots of money every month.

Grr i guess i have to buy this now. Should run great on my captivate if it does on the fascinate. Gotta love the hummingbird.

Snapdragon all the way <3
My provider has free Desires on a 3 year plan, the plan doesn't have to be data either so it goes to as low(in contrast to data plans starting off at 50 a month) as $20/month.

$20 a month for 36 months = $720

That's an expensive phone.

And then guess what? You're stuck with that phone for three years. It'll be massively outdated by the time your contract is up. Wanna upgrade before then? Pay an assload of fees, buy the phone for probably full price, extend your contract by another thee years from that point and continue to pay them $20 a month.

Screw contracts, period.

Twilight Wolf said:
$20 a month for 36 months = $720

That's an expensive phone.

And then guess what? You're stuck with that phone for three years. It'll be massively outdated by the time your contract is up. Wanna upgrade before then? Pay an assload of fees, buy the phone for probably full price, extend your contract by another thee years from that point and continue to pay them $20 a month.

Screw contracts, period.
But if you were going to have a phone anyway, why not get a "free" one with a low monthly rate? The three year contract is pretty bad though. I'm not so sure about it being "massively outdated" by then, the Droid came out a year and a half ago and its still well supported and performs decently. It probably won't be fun the last few months of the contract, but it should be ok.

If anyone was wondering, you should be able to get at least 3 solid hours of playtime out of a Fascinate (running my battery down to reset the gauge). That's with the brightness all the way up and the CPU locked to 1GHz, so 4-6 hours is probably possible with lower brightness and airplane mode.

Mako321 said:
Snapdragon all the way <3
My provider has free Desires on a 3 year plan, the plan doesn't have to be data either so it goes to as low(in contrast to data plans starting off at 50 a month) as $20/month.
Snapdragon and 3 year contracts? You silly canadian. Also, firefox is telling me "canadian" needs to be capitalized, but I'm not going to, because jokes are not proper nouns.

The MIDnite7 has the same specs as the droid but with a better GPU I believe. It is relatively cheap. Around $150 IIRC.

Twilight Wolf said:
All of those high-end phones are also going to be either ass expensive without a contract (think $600+) or are going to cost you money every month and lock you into a contract.

Get a Nook Color or something instead.

I got my Galaxy S Vibrant for $380 a long time ago, and you can find used ones on eBay for under $300 these days. Even for just a nice media player with 16gb of space, that is not much.

Back