Android Users: We have a N64 emulator!

I've OC'd my Droid to 1.25GHz but OoT is still pretty slow. Almost no difference from 600MHz. StarFox64 runs perfectly. Even sound. Really want OoT :(

PalmerTech said:
The only reason I am not removing your borderline piracy link, Mako, is because the maker of this program apparently just stole the source code from an open source project, removed all the credits in the code, then started selling it.

A bit sad I supported him, now.

Being broke actually came in handy for a change. :trollface:

That's real douchebaggery if you're right, though. :/

And why does everyone HAVE TO PLAY OOT? Majora's Mask is better. :stare:

PalmerTech said:
The only reason I am not removing your borderline piracy link, Mako, is because the maker of this program apparently just stole the source code from an open source project, removed all the credits in the code, then started selling it.

Uh, no, not quite.

He took an opensource N64 emulator AND *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING PORTED IT TO ANDROID.
Just like the SAME GUY did with a PS1 emu, a GBA emu, NES, SNES, and GBC.

jleemero said:
He took an opensource N64 emulator AND *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING PORTED IT TO ANDROID.

Still, depending on the license the original project was distributed under, if he's going to distribute binaries he's obligated to distribute all the source code as well.

Friggin GPL virus might come in handy for once.

What is it with people expecting you to pay $10 for their stupid Hello World program? It was the same back in the Windows CE / Pocket PC 2003 days. :confused:

Twilight Wolf said:
PalmerTech said:

Being broke actually came in handy for a change. :trollface:

That's real douchebaggery if you're right, though. :/

And why does everyone HAVE TO PLAY OOT? Majora's Mask is better. :stare:

MM runs just as poorly as OoT :stare:

jleemero said:
PalmerTech said:

Uh, no, not quite.

Just like the SAME GUY did with a PS1 emu, a GBA emu, NES, SNES, and GBC.
If that is the case, I'm glad I supported him. Was there a N64 emulator for Android before? Not that I could find. As long as he keeps improving it, I have no problem with what he did. I would rather pay a douchebag and be able to play N64 on my phone than pay no one and have only Angry Birds.

ToastBucket said:
I've OC'd my Droid to 1.25GHz but OoT is still pretty slow. Almost no difference from 600MHz. StarFox64 runs perfectly. Even sound. Really want OoT :(
OoT runs nearly full speed on my Fascinate. :trollface:
Unfortunately, it seems that GPU seems to actually play a roll in how fast it plays, like with my Nook and Fascinate. Same CPU, Nook has slightly older GPU, even with the Nook OC'd to 1.1GHz, my Fascinate destroys it at 1GHz. Might just be an optimization issue, though.

opinions.png

<thread-derail>I like OoT better because I prefer the standard Zelda storyline of save Hyrule, Lake Hylia, Gorons, blah blah blah.</thread-derail>

But yes. Afro prefers MM. So does KB. KB is king so that makes MM better.

OC'd 1GHz solid, it's pretty decent, not perfect by any means.
With an AOSP or near-AOSP ROM, OC'd, it'd probably be fine.

Anyone tried a controller with it?
I really like having SM64 in my pocket. I can get about 1 star during every 10 minute break in class, and I just got one while sitting on the crapper. Up to 10 stars so far, mostly using time that would otherwise be wasted. :awesome: After I beat it/it gets too hard for the touchscreen controls, I'll start working on OoT or Banjo Kazooie.

someone needs to mod a wiimote into a mountable controller. cheaper than the icontrolpad.

Back