15" Monitor - Looking for modular, easily modded design

kdabr

I've posted some bits about this project on modretro, but hit a brand new speedbump when nearly finished.

My Project: Taking a 90's network diagnostic terminal and converting it into an all in one

This was my nearly finished project. Screen looks great, doesnt it? Small problem- the backlight inverter board was fried, causing the screen to flicker to the point of being useless.

I figured since I had so much luck with the first monitor that I tore apart, the 2nd would be just as easy. Wrong.

The second monitor has one much larger PCB instead of 3 smaller ones. It uses short, delicate, thin, foil-ish ribbon cables instead of robust, wire-like ones (like the original screen)

Due to constraints set by the case being modded, the ideal screen would be less than 20mm thick...preferably thinner

The screen should have a res of at least 1024x768

I was just wondering if any of you guys knew of a 15" screen solution with robust wiring, and an modular series of interface/inverter/PSU boards that support a VGA interface? The boards dont have to be modular if the cables linking them to the screen are either A. Long enough or B. Extendable with relative ease

It needs to have a res of at least 1024x768

Back