Wiikey Fusion Not Working

I have a wiikey fusion wired up to my gamecube with a breakout board. There seem to be three different events that can occur when I turn my cube on:

1. The blue light illuminates and stays solid.

2. The blue and red lights both illuminate and stay solid.

3. Nothing happens for 1 to 2 seconds, then the blue light illuminates and stays solid.

Can anyone give any suggestions as to what may be causing this problem? Thanks in advance!

Okay, so I checked my wiring and found that some of the wires came loose. I am re-soldering them now and will post back with an update.

Now my cube just says "Reading Disk" before it errors out. Maybe there is something wrong with the wiikey region settings?

Edit: nope, region settings correct.

Check that the FFC is inserted firmly and completely. Other than that, there has to be something wrong with the wiring. Can you include some pictures?

Here are some photos. Sorry I couldn't get the camera to focus.

DSCN0488_zpse8c4aecb.jpg

DSCN0489_zps0b366e98.jpg

DSCN0490_zps125c5cf8.jpg

Here is a video:

http://youtu.be/zotLLe3HVgs

if you have a multimeter test all the connections on the adapter going from the ribbon cable to the solder points as well as to the gamecube motherboard, bad connections/connections not being made will definitely cause your wiikey not to function correctly

I tested my wiring with a multimeter and found no shorts or imperfections, but the wiikey still won't work. Now when I turn the cube on, there is no activity from the wiikey at all. Pressing the pin 29 "eject" button doesn't change anything either. Strangely enough, the cube doesn't error out now. It just keeps displaying the insert disk message.

Blargaman91 said:
Have you tested the Wiikey on a Wii?
this.

also, if you can solder well enough, have you considered soldering straight to the wiikey itself? you can can solder onto pads that small it really is the easiest way to do it and it makes troubleshooting a lot easier.

Joeyjoe9876 said:
you can can solder onto pads that small it really is the easiest way to do it and it makes troubleshooting a lot easier.
does not make troubleshooting a lot easier unless you know all the possible causes for specific error messages, then it would not matter if the chip was soldered directly or with a break out board to be able to troubleshoot....

since the GC does not error out, it sounds like proper contact is made at all essential points...
it sounds like you are close to making it work...
that insert disc message usually happens when the modchip cannot read the SD card properly...

try reseating the SD card cable and try again

megalomaniac said:
Joeyjoe9876 said:
you can can solder onto pads that small it really is the easiest way to do it and it makes troubleshooting a lot easier.
does not make troubleshooting a lot easier unless you know all the possible causes for specific error messages, then it would not matter if the chip was soldered directly or with a break out board to be able to troubleshoot....

that's true, it really just depends on how much you know about how Wiikeys work, I'm gonna have to retract that statement, I've always just found it easier for myself, but for others it may or may not be the same.

A less likely case is that something happened to a component that DVD data is supposed to pass through on the motherboard. So you could check continuity to the GPU pins.

You should check Pin 17 and 19. Those are the two pins that lead to the SD cardreader on the WKF.

Like Mega said, readind disc stuck ussualy is SD read error.

Back