Wasp problem

EDIT: Rewired and fixed!

Hello all,

Quick question regarding a wasp fusion. Im using a megadrive v6 with my wasp. On start up the blue light is bright and solid for a few seconds then blinks once, then the light goes out. After a few seconds this repeats until the GC is switched off. The megadrive v6 is bridged properly on the GC board. I have continuity across the FFC cable. I have no errors flashing on the monitor. I have two wasps from mega and one from another site. The two from mega display the blue light as stated above and the other wasp is not as bright and the blue light just blinks constantly.

Has anyone experienced this? I could really use some guidance here. Since all three are behaving in a similar way I'm assuming it's not the wasp.?. I will pop all three into a Wii tomorrow to see if everything is ok and also grab info like ver. info etc.

Thanks!

Update:

Well I popped open a Wii and hooked up the wasp. I can see the GC logo in the disc window on the Wii menu so I guess the wasp is good??

Does the wasp LED light up when connected to the Wii as it does on the GC? Reason i'm asking is because there is no light when the Wii powers on.

Obviously I'm not familiar with troubleshooting a wasp so if someone could offer some advise in doing so or link me i'd appreciate it.

Thanks guys!

What happens on the tv screen, (what is displayed on screen). Does it not say Swiss on the disc selection screen or no. Does it freeze? When I turn my cube on with the wasp (from badass consoles) the blue led illuminates for a second then flashes then turns off until I select Swiss, which then it flashes/blinks randomly as information is read from the SD card.

Edit: Just a random question that may have no significance, have you tried press the gc rest button?

blue led flashes then turns off, but there is nothing on the disc selection.

it does not freeze.

thanks for the questions, any and everything helps.

I will rewire today and hopefully get this GC going.

Edit: rest? I assume thats reset? Is that what my problem is? Tell me it isn't so. I have an NC switch hooked up but nothing happens

stuckonarock said:
blue led flashes then turns off, but there is nothing on the disc selection.

it does not freeze.

thanks for the questions, any and everything helps.

I will rewire today and hopefully get this GC going.

Edit: rest? I assume thats reset? Is that what my problem is? Tell me it isn't so.

Sorry I ment reset (on phone.) I had though the megadrive v6 was the one with duel drive capability, but I just check and I was wrong. The reset thing won't probably do anything, but it's worth a try I guess.

Post a pic of the solder job if you can.

stuckonarock said:
Update:

Well I popped open a Wii and hooked up the wasp. I can see the GC logo in the disc window on the Wii menu so I guess the wasp is good??

Does the wasp LED light up when connected to the Wii as it does on the GC? Reason i'm asking is because there is no light when the Wii powers on.

Obviously I'm not familiar with troubleshooting a wasp so if someone could offer some advise in doing so or link me i'd appreciate it.

Thanks guys!

you indicate you connected your WASP to a wii but did you select the "GC Disc" in the wii menu to see it if reads?
it wouldnt matter much if you did because at a minimum this info alone indicates your WASP is working...

I would have requested that you post a pic of the soldering and switch wiring but it seems like you might now be manually wiring everything...

pics would have really helped to identify any potential issues...

errrrrr

blackscreen should not have happened..just stating the obvious there...
i have not tested wii in a long time so i dont remember what to expect but off the top of my head, i think its suppose to reboot then show swiss menu...i wont bother assessing any issues from the wii test since im not too familiar with wii behavior until i can buy another wii and set it up here in the lab..

stuckonarock said:
On start up the blue light is bright and solid for a few seconds then blinks once, then the light goes out. After a few seconds this repeats until the GC is switched off.

this almost sounds like a problem with pin29 or lid switch
something is triggering WASP to attempt reloading the initial iso...
since it happens on the two you got from my i would say it was wiring related because the other one you purchased most likely had original 1.4 firmware with no autoboot...

stuckonarock said:
When I selected the GC logo in the disc window the screen went black and remained that way.
That happens on some Wiis. It doesn't mean the Wasp isn't working. It may have something to do with soft-modding.

I appreciate the help guys!

The Wii itself is soft modded so that may answer the black screen?

Haven't wired up the wasp yet so no updates. Again thanks for the help.

legofan623 said:
Try on different Wii just in case?
no need to try on another wii...
all three WASPs are not behaving properly in the GC menu...
this points more to a wiring issue rather than a WASP issue...

I rewired the wasp reusing a MEGAdrive v6 but this time (since I sucked at bridging) decided to solder jumpers from the filters to the MEGAdrive v6

IMG_4948.jpg

IMG_4949.jpg

and...
IMG_4950.jpg

IMG_4951.jpg

YES!!!!! Victory!! :mrgreen:

Don't mind the horizontal lines on the screen, its just for testing.

Wasp problem no more!

Thanks guys

Back