Wii DVD/Wiikey Fusion/WODE (sd/hdd loading) on Gamecube

Re: Wii DVD drive on Gamecube

THE DISCOVERY OF THE CENTURY!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jht0PBJVTZE

Thanks to Ashen, Emu_Kidid and everybody else involved with this mod (including myself :p)

Wiikey fusion updated to 1.5. WiiKey Fusion must be connect to 3.3v to work. That's what the 3.3v line is for on the discdrive pinout like Ashen said. Still some game testing to do. But both games in the video have been played for quite awhile and work 100%!!

Wow, simply amazing how this all finally came together. Great work guys!

Ashen, you are a god among men. <3

Glad my pics of the slimmed drive helped somehow, apparently. :p This is really exciting! Making a GCp sounds like a ton of fun now, with the DD out of the way.

Amazing!Amazing!Amazing!Amazing!

So this means your custom regulator could be made with just 2 regulators instead?

Correct! Altough both of those regulators need a minium input of 4.2v so they can't be used with a 3.7v battery. I'll be looking into other options.

Also did some more testing and my NTSC cube wil not play PAL backups. Neither will my PAL play NTSC backups. There is a region switch on the fusion but when I flip it to the region of the game it comes up with cannot read disc (standard region error)

So it seems that it is region locked. But who really cares!! So for the dummies PAL cubes with fusion set to PAL only PAL backups. NTSC cubes with fusion set to NTSC only NTSC backups.

Totally linking awesome Zen! Thx again so much for helping test the various modchips. Epic day for GC portablizers indeed! :D

No Thank YOU Ashen haha. As said in every forum I've posted this it was only possible due to your pinout findings! I only did some research so the big credits go to you and Emu_kidid.

I've also put that at every video discription of my youtube vids. So at least everybody knows who to thank :D

@ SS : DO IT!!! make that portable gamecube super tiny!!!! I wanna see it.....NOW!!! :p

I've slimmed the mobo down more than Thcay has..... :p And will slim it down even more tomorrow.... :p :p

Wish I had Ishmael's painting skillz though... :rolleyes:

Truly amazzzzing

GCp's can be made with such utterly epic portability and slimness now!

No questions this time ill just look and listen:)

Nice work guys

Re: Wii DVD + Wiikey Fusion (sd loading) on Gamecube

Its kind of a moot point now but here are some pics of my slimmed Wii Drives with the daughterboard attached, very tiny indeed. :)

DSCN0562.jpg

DSCN0563.jpg

DSCN0564.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

Turns out these cases are MUCH smaller than they are advertised 7.5" long x 5.5" tall my ass... anyway a 3.5" or 4" screen might work out real nice with a wiikey. Case is very comfy to hold :)

DSCN0567.jpg

Updated the first post with the correct pinout for DVD+Wiikey mod. While I will always keep the most up to date pinout/pinmatch in the first post I'm just going to link to the mega guide to this mod that I made on the GCforever forums. Its just easier than having to keep edit stuff on a bunch of different forums. :)

I knew there was a reason I kept that gamecube with the broken DVD drive. Heck yes!

zenloc said:
I've slimmed the mobo down more than Thcay has..... :p And will slim it down even more tomorrow.... :p :p

Wish I had Ishmael's painting skillz though... :rolleyes:

smaller than this???

i'd be more concerned with most of the DD mobo connections ^^

I'm close Tchay, pics.... Later. :D

lyberty5 said:
i'd be more concerned with most of the DD mobo connections ^^

it can all be relocated. Just precision solder is all.

And bring it on Ashen! I like the competition from you and Zenloc.

but

Im da best

jus sayin

Back