Wii DVD/Wiikey Fusion/WODE (sd/hdd loading) on Gamecube

Re: Wii DVD drive on Gamecube

Here we go...

Finally found the switch I was looking for!
These should work as the eject button,
so you won't have to tap 1.9V directly to ground and risk shorting anything.
Connect pin 29 to the COM pin on the switch, 1.9V to NO, and ground to NC

Haha yea, thats the exact same type of switch I ripped out of that old microsoft mouse :)

Untitled.jpg

Ashen said:
Haha yea, thats the exact same type of switch I ripped out of that old microsoft mouse :)

That's also an option
fits the style of Mod Retro much better :dahroll:

Also, a little OT stuff; Have you ever watched Ashen's Birdhouse on youtube?
Just had to ask because of your acc name...

Nope, never seen that ashen comedy thing. I keep hearing about it though so i'll have to check it out.

I pulled 1.9v straight from the power regulator on the GC. I'm pretty sure it doesnt have to be 1.9 though. 1.0v would prolly do it. Actually for now, 1.9 is the highest i would go. We dont want to damage anything before this is tested for a while.

Agreed.
I accedentally cut wire 27 and 8 also..any fix suggestions?
sorry for asking so many questions man

You could try to very carefully scrape the plastic back on those pins with a razor blade. Enough to make a connection.

I had to rewire a whole cable to run tests on the Wii side. I cut the whole cable straight across then carefully sanded the plastic off with some fine grit sandpaper.

Also. Proto advantage does sell a special connector that has solderable pads on it. You can find links in the GC forever forum here: http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewto ... &start=156

ok got them all fixed up. tnx
Did you use tape to separate the wires?Im in a mess lol

After I slit all the pins I folded every other one back and used double sided tape to hold things in place. Best to use something with a bit of substance so that the pins dont just disintigrate when you're soldering to them. Its REALLY easy to melt right through the plastic and the copper/steel leads. Tinning each lead first should make your life easier. Just dont hold your iron there too long. Hope this helps, good luck :)

"tinning" is just putting a bit of solder on the lead before you attempt to attach the wire. If you tin the lead and the wire beforehand things generally go much smoother and will require less heat and contact time when you go to attach the wire and lead together.

Excellent.

Sucks that the SunTeam isn't helpful, perhaps someone with a better understanding of the FW might be able to help you out...

SS

ShockSlayer said:
Excellent.

Sucks that the SunTeam isn't helpful, perhaps someone with a better understanding of the FW might be able to help you out...

SS

Yea its a major bummer :( i think some things get lost in translation though as i believe they are a asian based company. So far the wode guys have been most helpful. They provided us with a confirmation pinout of the wii dvd drive connector. Im hoping that even if the wode doesnt work initially, they will be the team to work with us on it.

Updated compatibility in first post. Got 2 new "D4(D3S)" revision drives today. What better to do than to start cutting them apart :D :D :D

DSCN0560.jpg

Semi slimmed Wii drive teaser video (please excuse my ghetto electrical tape holding the disc down, need to install top loading spindle still. Destroyed my PSone screen also, had to resort to video capture software on my netbook ><):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQuufqFvj5k

Back