Wii DVD drive question

grodion

So I saw that using the wii drive for the gcp works and its a lot slimmer than the gc drive (I have yet to see a good slimming guide for the gamecube). Is it possible to run burned gamecube games through the wii drive?

if you get a wiikey you could hook up the DVD drive anyway to play Legit Discs and the wiikey to play back ups. I think you need to hook up power to the DVD drive separately though.

if you use a Wii DVD drive on a GC you will need a modchip no matter what to play your backup copies. the type of modchip will depend on the DVD drive...

the most simple solution will be to just use a modchip like WKF/WASP to play your copies from SD card rather than carrying around DVD discs...plus you will gain usage / battery life since the WKF/WASP use considerably less power draw than a DVD drive

is there a specific reason you want to use a Wii DVD drive?

grodion said:
Its not that I WANT to use a wii drive, more like it seems like i dont really have a choice. I cant find any wiikeys or wasps out there. I found one on badass consoles but im not sure if thats a wasp http://www.badassconsoles.com/drive-replacement/. the wii drive is a lot more slim than the gc drive and seems easier to portabalize
im pretty Dang 100% certain that link is for a WASP Fusion

if paypal didnt make things so difficult, im sure a real pic of the WASP would have been posted at that site....

Back