Wii Briefcase

Juukas

Newb
Hey! I'm new here, and I thought that I would post about a project me and my two brothers are doing. I haven't seen anyone doing this before, so hopefully you will get something out if it!

Either way we call it the Wii Briefcase. We wanted to be able to play our beloved N64- and GameCube-games at different locations, without any hassle, at any time, and this is how far we've come:

https://imgur.com/gallery/aM5sy

So what you see in the picture is a hipster vintage briefcase we found. We placed foam at the bottom of the briefcase and made cut outs for usb-speakers, the Wii and four GC-controllers.
The Wii is softmodded with PortablizeMii so that we don't need the disk drive/wifi module.

What needs to be done is:
*Color the inside of the foam cut outs black
*Put red cloth on the top of the foam (which will also have cut outs)
*Place a screen at the top of the briefcase and connect it to the Wii. (We've taken out my 20" 2008 iMac monitor and ordered a display control board for it) <-- laptop/aio screens are so thin and lightweight!
*Figure out if we are going to use battery or just a cord... I mean a battery would be dope, buy it seems so tricky and I don't have the 65nm version so the drain is high... Any ideas there? Since it isn't a portable console in the sense that we wanna use it on a plane or at the beach I guess it's not really needed.

And that's it I guess. Any thoughts about it? Have you seen it before? You think it's a good idea? Personally I'm just looking forward to play Mario Party 1-6 all winter!

If there are any interest I will keep the thread updated with our progress. If there aren't, I will at least post a picture when it's finished!

Edit: will try to make it look less like a bomb

Last edited:
I like it a lot. I've got to say, dragging it around could be a pain especially if everything isn't secured really, really well. Some definite benefits over the normal laptops though. Bigger screen, less moding work. Looking forward to seeing it in action!

Half-baked Idea: I saw someone comment on imgur that the foam might not be a great idea. I'm not sure about that, but you know what might help, or might not but would definitely be awesome? If you covered the foam in Flex Seal (the TV infomercial stuff). I don't know if it would properly insulate it, but I think it'd look awesome, and be awesome.

Another idea: I'm starting planning a wii laptop (sort of) minimal mod-ing. But the main thing I want out of it is to be able to play it in the car. So I'm basically adding a screen and a cigarette lighter adapter. Maybe a wiiKey so I don't have to scratch up all my discs. If you don't go with a battery, maybe a cigarette lighter adapter (or even put a power inverter in your brief-cafe for on-the-go play) especially if you tailgate for sporting events or anything.

Back