What should I next on the n64 to make it portable, need help

Re: What should I next on the n64 to make it portable, need

good batterys and the cart slot has a lot of exposed wire it should look like this.

10_21_2.JPEG

runing low on wiring but i can buy more later and what kind of screens can be used (noob question) so i can find one that can perform best that isn't a ps1 screen. oh yeah and thanks

ok I had the wires soldered but when it turned on the led cut off what happened?

Pics please. Also, look for any solder splats on the CPU, RCP, or the board. Also did you solder to the middle row of pins or the outer ones. It should be the outer:

Green = Solder to
Red = DONT

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO << Solder here
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO << NOT HERE

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO << NOT HERE
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO << And here

yeah I soldered them to the outer pins I will supply a photo and maybe some got onto the board or the copper from the wire is sticking out to another connection but Im gonna get a different wire because this wire gets really stiff after soldering\
...................cant put up a photo yet so just wait for the photo
....any other solutions maybe I soldered the component and left,right audio on
OOOOOO
OOOOOO
^
white

how can you tell where the ground and the data is on a tact switch

Basement_Modder said:
flashslash said:
how can you tell where the ground and the data is on a tact switch
:dahroll:

yah my reaction also...

just solder to the pins on the tact switch that are diagonal from each other. one for ground one for data it doesnt matter which pin as long as its diagonal from the other one.

oh ok
could I use a tact switch as a power switch like bacteria did cause i didnt want the portable too big and awkward looking.................if not can you put the name of the switch and i can look it up......
(read below if you're just bored and need something to read)
also im getting another n64 cause I might of fried the board and I made a design that is time consuming but is professional looking (no relocation this time)

I dont have a lot of sources 2 search and I dont know what to call that kind of switch and i wanted to know if it could work

Plus, it's cooler to have a tact switch than a slider, since most portables don't have one. :p

There is a way to use a tact switch, but I need to dig it up. I know it's here somewhere in the forums...

EDIT: Aha, thar we go:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=170

Back