What do I need to make my crap top play WoW Cataclysm?

wolborg

What do I need to upgrade to make my system run WoW awesomely?

System Specs

CPU: Intel Celeron 900 2.194 GHz
RAM: 2gb DDR2
Graphics Mobile Intel 4 series express chip (this is what worries me its crap and as far as I know non upgradeable)

I am also thinking of building a gaming pc if I do what would be the cheapest and best components I could go for?

First I don't know how to upgrade laptops, never taken one apart except to replace my hard-drive. But if your building a gaming pc, I have a spare ATI Raedon 4350HD PCI-e graphics card. As far as I know it runs any pc game past recommended settings from late 2007 to early 2009 and under. I'm using it right now but I haven't got any games from 2010 for the pc so I can't really test that year (unless COD: WaW came out then then it runs flawlessly).

I will so buy that from you when I get a little more cash (assuming you were implying that you wanted to sell it by saying it was a spare) I'll PM you when I get some monies.

wolborg said:
What do I need to upgrade to make my system run WoW awesomely?

What make and model is it?

You can probably run it at 1024x600 or better on low settings. Look for gameplay videos on YouTube where people demonstrate the old GMA 950 Atom netbooks running different games; your laptop's graphics chip is at least that good (it might be a GMA 3xxx or 4xxx), and the CPU runs circles around the Atom.

If you want to upgrade your laptop, throw memory at it. The more RAM you have, the better. Unfortunately unless your laptop is the base model in a wide range, there isn't much else you can do.

I am also thinking of building a gaming pc if I do what would be the cheapest and best components I could go for?

Expect to spend around $500 for an upgradeable entry-level gaming PC. $750 gets you something pretty decent.

Back