WASP/Swiss Issue

chubylord

so recently I've wired up my megadrive v5, and had problems booting into Swiss. I can get into the Swiss menu through the rotating gamecube menu, but in the Swiss menu, I select the Wiikey option and it flashes "init Wiikey" for a second -- then goes back to the menu. I can select it as many times as I want but nothing happens. I checked my connections and everything is good. Any ideas? Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpQErnPK_I

From watching your video it looks like you didn't solder the two big mount holes (see image below). Those mounts are what the megadrive v5 uses to connect to ground. I am 72% sure that is your problem. I had a very similar issue that would do exactly what yours did. It took me 7 hours to figure out the solution, I would of never thought to check those two pins.

So I would start there.
My thread with my wasp/swiss issue and solution:
viewtopic.php?f=36&p=166287#p166287

If that does not fix your issue I would recommend checking the continuity between the wasp and the sd card reader. Some one just recently had an issue that involved the sd card reader extension thing.

d8yQ0lXh.jpg

Sorry, thats an old video, but I have since soldered that and still not gotten it to work. How would I check continuity? Thanks!

You check continuity with a multimeter, see how well the connection is. I had a week joint connection on my ground and it had caused problems.

Back