WASP quits after one year :cry:

Greetings MR! So i've had my first GCP for a little over a year now and its been working great up until a few weeks ago. When I now power it on the WASP blue LED remains solid and no longer loads. Reading Disc appears.

No errors unless I pull the SD card. Any ideas?

I did a reseat of the two (2) cables and checked continuity from the filters of the GC mobo and the WASP with good results. I don't believe the portable has been dropped, just the bouncing around in the laptop bag where i've kept it since it's completion.

Appreciate any and all help here. I know someone can tell me what a solid LED indicates.

TIA!

I'm not sure about the LED, but have you tested continuity between the Wasp and the SD reader? I have had FFC cables stop working before due to an invisible break somewhere in the cable. Try swapping that out if you can.

I'm not sure about the LED, but have you tested continuity between the Wasp and the SD reader? I have had FFC cables stop working before due to an invisible break somewhere in the cable. Try swapping that out if you can.

thanks for the reply!

Yes, i have swapped the SD FFC cable with two new cables checking continuity prior to turning on and no change. The WASP LED remains solid.

The ideal way to check if the Wasp still works is to take it out and connect it to a Wii. That may not be possible depending on how you wired it.

The ideal way to check if the Wasp still works is to take it out and connect it to a Wii. That may not be possible depending on how you wired it.
popped in a wii and the GC logo appears. Selected it and the screen goes black. Now the wii seems bricked. reboots to a black screen. :(

popped in a wii and the GC logo appears. Selected it and the screen goes black. Now the wii seems bricked. reboots to a black screen.
Very odd. It sounds like the Wiikey did something to your Wii's hardware, because I'm sure it couldn't modify any software. It might have done something to the wifi or bluetooth module on the Wii because they can be sensitive and they use the same voltage line.
Well, I think you should try to get a new Wasp, though it's difficult to find a retailer for them right now.l

Very odd. It sounds like the Wiikey did something to your Wii's hardware, because I'm sure it couldn't modify any software. It might have done something to the wifi or bluetooth module on the Wii because they can be sensitive and they use the same voltage line.
Well, I think you should try to get a new Wasp, though it's difficult to find a retailer for them right now.l
Strange indeed. After i fix the wii issue i'll try one of my other wasps. I have two spares. I will report back with the results.

Back