WASP loading issue?

Fluxedo

Man today does not seem like my day GameCube wise. So I wired up my megadrive V6 and everything. On my last pin the metal bit on the filter came off just from the top so I can't solder to it directly. So using a small piece of copper wire I wired the pin to the other side of the filter. (Is this okay?) I also removed both of the single filters that are connected to the two pads that are the two off to the side because they came loose and I couldn't solder them back down and bridge the MEGAv6. (Is this okay?) I also bridged the lid switch and connected pin 29 to ground along with setting the wasp to NTCS. Here's the weird part, the WKF which came with Swiss on it reads all my SD cards fine and loads them and the wasp blinks normally but when I load a game it freezes on 100% loaded. Did my mess up and removal cause this? (The cards work fine on my other WKF.)
Here's a photo of the MEGAv6 wired up and you can see of the far left set of filters is the copper I used to get to the front of the filter and the two single filters I removed from the board on the lone two connections.
D5mCEeN.jpg

Here's where it freezes
7Tt8TZUl.jpg

Thanks!

cleaner pic with less glare
and make it a large pic also...

since your card and isos work in other WASP then it appears to be some kind of wiring issue...
post that pic, maybe it would help

Fixed. As you can see I was actually able to get a piece of wire in the crevice where the metal broke off allowing me to solder to the correct side of the filter still not fixing my problem.

i dont really see anything obvious....might want to check pin23 on the FFC connector...make sure there is no short there...
also double check DVD filters pin 7 and 9 to make sure there is no short there also...

There could be a tiny bridge between any of those pins. You should run something like a small flat screwdriver between all the connections.

I had this same issue with swiss freezing at 100% at one point and all I needed to do was rewire the power lines to the motherboard. Once I did that, everything worked perfectly.

Is your 3.3v line on the mega drive wired correctly?

It looks like you've got it attached to the 1.9v line. Check it with a meter.

Sorry to hear that man. It worked for me, but it can be a different cause for you. You may have to rewire the whole thing.

Just to clarify, soldering to the other end of the filter won't cause problems? I'm going to resolder the MEGAv6 and rather than messing around with getting a small wire in the crevice I'd rather solder to something easier. It only shows .6 ohms of resistance but my concern is having one connected to one end of the filter and all the others not connected to it. Thanks!

It shouldn't matter. If you check with a multimeter, you can see that there's continuity from one side of the filter to the other. It shouldn't make any difference which side you solder to. It's basically the equivalent of soldering the Mega drive v5 to the board. It is soldered before the filters and functions the same way.

soldering to either side of the filters is fine....think about this:
V5 is soldered onto the DVD port pads on the filtered side
V6 is soldered to the "unfiltered" side....

it doesnt make a difference, i mix and match both sides when doing V6...whatever works to make contact is good enough....

one way to test your wiring: swap the WASP
what happens??

My other WASP is actually a true WKF and it's locked in my portable glued down and screwed shut. I doubt that that's the problem. Will the WKF still read things and show the file structures if certain pins are bridged if so that might be my problem. Thanks mega!

I don't have any others :( I'll keep testing with this and if all else fails I'll buy a new one.

Back