Using a charger that delivers more mAh?

supersonic_32

Hey guys! I had some BP-915 batteries for canon cameras laying around and decided to use them for my portable. Problem is, my batteries charger delivers just enough mAh so my batteries can charge(600 mah), but if I use a switch to run off batteries or directly from the plug, the charger cannot even power up the system! I have another one which actually delivers 1000mAh, which is perfect, but I don't want to use two plugs (one for charging and another one just for playing), my question is:

If I use the 1000mAh charger to charge batteries, is it dangerous? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, knowing that batteries have a protection circuit integrated... Will the batteries charge well?

Thanks!

supersonic_32 said:
I don't want to use two plugs (one for charging and another one just for playing)
That's what you're supposed to do. See SS's guide.

With lithium batteries it's best to err on the side of caution and do the dual plug system. You could probably do only one charge port given that there is a protection circuit, but you have an increased risk of damaging the batteries. Damaged lithium-ion/lithium-polymer batteries can go pretty bad pretty fast.

Back