Two Questions

Uhm.

That means your fuse isn't blown, there, Mr. pLover. A fuse blows when it's amperage rating has been exceeded in the circuit it's in; when that happens, nothing goes through. At all. No electric. Think of an automotive fuse. When the metal element in the plastic housing is all burnt and not connected anymore, we refer to that as a "blown" fuse. Because it's been blown. By too much electricity. And so no more electric goes through it.

If you can connect an LED to a suspected "blown" fuse and the LED lights, the fuse is ok because electricity is flowing through the fuse. Unless you're probing the wrong side of the fuse.

Once again.

Pics or it didn't happen, pics or GTFO, tits or GTFO, whatever - we can't help you unless we see what the Heck you're talking about, as obviously verbal (written, whatever) communication isn't working out so well for us.

Basically, if a fuse is blown, it doesn't just decide not to work. When a fuse blows, it becomes physically unable to transfer electricity. Think of a fuse as a string and electricity as scissors. If it's a 1A fuse, then .5A of electricity won't be able to cut it. 2A of electricity will though, and it will be physically unable to transfer electricity, seeing as the "string" has been cut.
Of course, since I have very basic electronics knowledge, this could all be crap, but if robm says it's so, then it is so.

working fuse: connection
broken/blown fuse: no connection.
Having an led working with it means connection.

Ok, so then what the Heck is wrong with both my SNESes? The fuse isn't blown, but power still isn't reaching the regulators!

Grr...

Also, pics won't help. (I don't think) all they'll do is mess up my computer.

again, PICS PLEEZY. or you could just get the voltage straight to the regulator you realize.

Dangit, I am such a retard. Does anyone know if those first two fuses are needed? Or are they just there for handling the electricity?

r6xqpj.jpg

They're the two fuses (black and white) in the bottom right. When I put an LED on the white one while it's connected to the screen, it looks like it's trying to turn on but can't.

Oh well, I think I'm going to test hooking it up directly to the regulator. I've got a SNES to spare, so...

pLover, I am assuming you mean the lower-left corner of the picture, as there seems to be nothing on the lower-right?

And I definitely do not see two fuses there at all.

I see what is probably an SMT capacitor, and a black piece that I can't quite identify because of the blurry sample you used there.

Back