Two Questions

pLover

Apparently plover is a type of bird.
First: Can someone link me to some 6mm rubber tact switches? I can't find them on Digikey or Mouser.

Second: How do you blow a fuse? I can't figure out what I did to my SNESs that made them blow out.

To answer your second question, you probably send in too high off a voltage. Or maybe bridged it with a random blob of solder.

Well, I'm confused. The fuse receives power before the regulator. I just don't get it. But whatever. I guess if any SNES expert knows, they'll tell me.

If the fuse receives power before the regulator, then you still could've sent in too high of a voltage for the fuse, and fried the fuse before it got to the regulator.

No, I just have it plugged in like a normal SNES. All the board is is the (almost) unaltered circuitboard. The only difference is that I rewired 5 of the capacitors.

Hm... well, beats me then. Make sure to ask on benheck as well, I believe people mess with that console more there.

The only reason why fuses blow is because the circuit draw exceeded the fuse's amperage rating; it is fairly irrespective of voltage. In cases like these, it's almost always because there's a short somewhere, as opposed to too high of a load.

Get us a good macro pic of the board, we'll see what we can see, but something's obviously amiss.

robm said:
The only reason why fuses blow is because the circuit draw exceeded the fuse's amperage rating; it is fairly irrespective of voltage. In cases like these, it's almost always because there's a short somewhere, as opposed to too high of a load.

Get us a good macro pic of the board, we'll see what we can see, but something's obviously amiss.
So... Could incorrectly wired Capacitors be the problem?

Well they're soldered in just fine and the polarities are right. I know that they're not the problem.

Please post some pics so we can see the boards. From what you say, everything should be fine. If you don't know what broke them, post up some pics so maybe we can see what's wrong with them.

The capacitors aren't necessarily the problem, it's probably just a blown fuse.

Here's two questions, though: If power were getting to the capacitors, would they be able to light up an LED? And can a blown fuse light up an LED?

There are two questions I posted two posts ago. You don't need pics for those questions. :wtf:

Fuses, or capacitors, do not light LEDs, electricity does. For electricity to light an LED, it needs to be able to A) meet, and preferably not exceed, the LED's nominal voltage rating, and B) actually reach the LED. If a fuse or capacitor is located in an LED's circuit somewhere, and if they are blown, then electricity cannot reach the LED, therefore, LED will not light.

Now.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I know fuses can light up LEDs. Even if the fuse is blown, when I put an LED on it, it lights it up.

Back