Thoughts on the Dell Zino HD?

Hey Dell...

blow-it-out-your-ass.jpg

The thing about these devices is that they tend to offer more features than they really need. The Revo kind of nails it in that way, as for around $300 you get a smaller box with a dual-core Atom and the ability to stream HD content from your network - in that case the small hard drive doesn't matter and the lack of a disc drive isn't a huge deal anyway, as most people already have DVD players, or Blu-ray players, or consoles that work as such. It also draws less power.On the other hand, this one when upgraded boasts a bit more power.though as mentioned, if it cannot handle HD playback like the Ion-based Revo, it makes it kind of useless as a streaming-based HTPC. I guess we'll see, and I'll have to hold off on buying a Revo for that purpose if the Dell does a better job.

ericdesouza said:
The thing about these devices is that they tend to offer more features than they really need. The Revo kind of nails it in that way, as for around $300 you get a smaller box with a dual-core Atom and the ability to stream HD content from your network - in that case the small hard drive doesn't matter and the lack of a disc drive isn't a huge deal anyway, as most people already have DVD players, or Blu-ray players, or consoles that work as such. It also draws less power.On the other hand, this one when upgraded boasts a bit more power.though as mentioned, if it cannot handle HD playback like the Ion-based Revo, it makes it kind of useless as a streaming-based HTPC. I guess we'll see, and I'll have to hold off on buying a Revo for that purpose if the Dell does a better job.
I can't tell if you're an adbot or just someone who types in a very advertising-oriented fashion.

Back