Computer Fan

bentendo64

As the title says, I am building a computer fan. Nothing new or exciting, just parts I have laying around. I had previously attempted this with an old socket A mobo, but having it inside this case made it ustable and I was unable to install an OS.

Recently, I aquired a Pentium 4 system with a motherboard that seemed a bit small... Small enough to fit in The Computer Fan Case. So I put it in there, and here it is.

KloUpcp.jpg

The terrrible cpu cooler in sight. Really, it idles above 50c.

WvSMbg6.jpg

Full frontal non-nude.

tEsqWrP.jpg

The back and all the connectors.

What I'm planning on doing next:
-Take out video card (Radeon HD 5450 512mb). I don't really need that when the cpu is a 3.4 GHz HT P4.
-Install a power supply in the lower part of the case previousley blocked by the video card. This is more worth it this time around because now the mobo has a 24-pin main power connector plus a 4-pin cpu power connector. The old motherboard just had a single 20-pin connector and I made a fancy extender with some hard drive power connectors to reach inside the case.
-Install Debian. No reason to have Windows because the cpu isn't powerful enough to play Just Cause 2 MultiPlayer (20-30fps, not very smoothly). Also thinking about installing Puppy Linux. Prolly just use it as a minecraft server.

Haha, It's just the case, though. I have a motherboard, but no cpu. Perhaps that will be used for my next computer re-encasement. :D

Also, tomorrow I may have have the power supply for this thing so I can actually use it.

So it's done and it looks the same as it did before.
4D91AUz.jpg

Well, mostly. You can see where the power supply has bee screwed on. It's a dirt cheap 500W thing and it's kinda scary. The ground wire (That I soldered freshly a few minutes before) broke off when I put the case together. I don't like to touch it when it's plugged in.

DBaJnSU.jpg

Woo! Life!

Wa6jfAR.jpg

Also, I noticed something about the Powermac G4 case I got last month and the keyboard I've had for years.

y7ye4tD.jpg

I will try to get some pictures from when I first built this thing like three years ago. I think they're more interesting than these.

The old thing!
The new and almost untouched case.
tDi7tLj.jpg

Yeah, messy room and the Radeon 7200 installed!

PR2IlKw.jpg

I made this cable especially for it so I could use an external power supply.

d888SIl.jpg

Sexy.

3y2idKp.jpg

Mmmmmm.

Rxb4mpm.jpg

I discovered that at some point, I broke some traces. No need to fear! (perhaps that's where my issues with this motherboard came from)

3UPZukt.jpg

Classic room shot.

WaxbkJU.jpg

Man, those were the days....

Back